Monday, July 14, 2014

It's a roller coaster!‏

Wow what a week! So to follow up on what I said about our mission President and his wife, I'm not really sure exactly how their style is different, except that it is. They both are so wonderful though! We actually got to see them this past Sunday because they came to our ward to introduce themselves, and we will be having interviews on Thursday which I am super excited for!! I'm glad I have enough time to really get to know them before I go home. Yahoo!

This week has been pretty crazy with a lot of up and downs. We were able to show the members a lot of love; that's something my companion is really good at. Sadly, we are unable to meet with a lot of our investigators right now due to different reasons, but we are still pressing forward and doing the best we can to help the people we have been called to serve.

Also, we are planning an activity for our ward next Saturday, and it should be super great, if we can get everything to go well. We are planning a Hawaiian Luau type thing, or at least as close to one as we can get in Korea. :) Anyway, we got invitations out to the members yesterday, so hopefully they get excited for it!

Mom, about taking care of my teeth, I'll definitely try super hard, Actually, I'm almost out of all my American toothpaste, so I'll be using Korean toothpaste, but I've heard that it's not the same.. No clue what's different about it, but hopefully it's not too terrible as I use it for the next 5 months :)

I love you all so much!! I think about you often and pray for you too. We are far away, but I know that God has got you in His hands. <3

Sister Segovia

Interesting Fact: You know how when you see a cute baby, sometimes you'll hear, "Oh he's so cute I want to pinch his cheeks!" Well, in Korea, they have the same type of thing, but a little different: "He's so cute I want to bite him!" haha I don't really get it either, but they probably think we're weird for pinching kids' cheeks too.

"Whose daughter [or son] art thou?" - Genesis 24:23
This question was asked to Rebekah, by the servant of Abraham. Of course, in the story, he was asking who her literal father was, but when I read it, I thought about my spiritual Father. Whose daughter am I? Can I confidently answer that I am the daughter of God? My companion and I have been thinking about this lately, and how when we return to God's presence, we want to be able to feel worthy to say "I am Thy daughter." Could I feel comfortable and worthy enough to run up and give Him a hug? I think He'd want that. I know that God is not just some distant being that doesn't care about what we do. He knows each one of us! He loves each one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment