Monday, July 7, 2014

Just keep swimming

This week was pretty crazy, and I'm actually not sure how much I can explain. 

I'll start with the coolest part-- meeting our new mission president! All the Ulsan missionaries (that's the city I'm in) went to Daegu for the meeting, which takes about an hour-and-a-half by train. I actually was asked to do a musical number short notice, so I had to sight-read perform (well, I had just half an hour to practice before-hand, so that was super interesting. My sight-reading skills have greatly improved on my mission though! :]

President Barrow and his wife seem amazing and I'm confident the mission will do well in their hands. I can see they both have a lot of love, though it's definitely a different style than the Gilberts. But something happened that was SUPER cool and testified to me that everything is exactly how God wants it. Remember how last week I had read the article by Elder Holland? So I read the article, and then the next day we got our mission newsletter and the Gilberts quoted from that article in their last letter. And I thought that was cool enough. But then, this past Wednesday at the meeting, our new mission president quoted the exact same line from the same article! It was amazing! I know that was God's way of telling me that I'm learning what I need to be learning right now.

Also, mom you'll be proud of me because I have been cooking a lot more lately. That is, things like quesadillas, grilled cheese, etc.... haha! But yeah, I really am trying to eat healthier, and making sure I get my protein even though i'd prefer to eat just fruit all my life. :) And guess what? I made custard and it turned out really delicious, and I can now officially say I'm pro at making apple pie since I made it for the first time by myself this past week. :D 
Interesting Fact: vanilla only comes in powder, I've never seen the liquid, no clue why.

Another thing about food.. Steak is not really a common thing to eat in Korea, and I've actually maybe only had it once since I've been here, until this past Tuesday. We had a lunch and dinner appointment, and to our surprise, BOTH of them gave us steak to eat! Whooo hoo! It was pretty delicious (shhhh don't tell anyone because I'm telling everyone I don't like meat right now :P) and I'm sure every Elder in our mission would be jealous hehe

Oh, and the girl I told you about did come to FHE with her little sister! It was great :) keep praying for her! And also, our other investigators need some prayers too; I care about them so much!

Anyway, thank you so much for everything you do at home for me and for everyone. You all have touched many lives, and mine is all due to you! <3 I love you soooo much! Have a wonderful week. :)

Sister Segovia

"I will remember my covenant which is between me and you." - Genesis 9:15
God never forgets what He has promised us. And we will see those promises fulfilled if we live worthy. Something I though was cool in Genesis 16 today came from a maid's example. The Lord spoke to her, and afterward she said (in my own words), "I now know that thou seest me. Do I see thee?" God's always watching us and guiding us and loving us. Do we watch for Him, love Him, and follow His guidance?

No comments:

Post a Comment