Monday, June 30, 2014

Me, being the senior area companion

Wow, this week was crazy!! Me, being the senior area companion (the one who knows the area) it was a test of just how much I had payed attention the past couple months. Luckily, I did pretty well at leading us to all the places hat we needed to go:). That's a relief. The first week is always hard too just because the new companion can't really help that much 'cause they don't know any of the people, but now it will be fully working together to help our investigators and branch grow from here on out! 

My companion is awesome! She is so fun, and really has done a lot in her mission to become the best missionary that she can be. I admire her so much, and have already learned so much from her! Definitely the first week in a new companionship is sometimes shaky, but I've never loved someone so fast. :) 

This past week we did a lot of going around and trying to visit members so she can meet people and see where everything is, and just get acquainted with the area. Actually, it was really cool to show her everything, because at the end of last transfer we had had a lot of disappointments so we felt like we weren't doing well and that our area was going really slow. But then this past week I was telling Sister Lee about our investigators and I realized, yeah maybe we didn't have the baptisms we were hoping for last transfer, but we still have a baptismal date and some solid investigators, and some outstanding members that are really getting excited about missionary work. So it was really cool to have someone come in and be amazed with the area and remember, oh yeah, we really do have it pretty good here. :)

Which speaking of our members, one of our members gave us a referral this past week, which we hope to start teaching this next week with the member. And a different member volunteered (on her own) to go with us to visit our young investigator who we hadn't been able to talk to much. And with the member's help we got her to agree to come to Family Home Evening tonight! Yes! So amazing. I love my branch!

It's really going well here. And this next Wednesday we are going to meet our new mission president and his wife! No clue what to expect, but we are so excited!! Can't wait. 

I love you all! Tell congratulations to Nora for me, and "Love you" to all of the family you will be seeing in the next couple weeks. <3 <3

What's Interesting this time? Well, the culture is to bow as a greeting right? Well -there are a bunch of places that have these life-size doll robots that are SUPER creepy and just bow to you as you pass by. Seriously so creepy. Haha I sent a picture just so you can see what I mean.

LOVE! Sister Segovia


"It was not easy for the Savior, why should it be easy for us?" - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
I read the talk that you told me to mom, and it was so so amazing. Really, if we want to truly become like Christ, we have to walk with Him at least part of the way through Gethsemane.Even He, perfect and complete as He was, had a moment where He didn't want to do what He needed to. But He never made  His will more important that God's. So yeah, there will be times when we don't want to do what we know we have to. But we have to go through the hard times in order to become our potential. I want to remember this whenever it's hard, too hot, etc. I want to do my part, not just expect Christ to suffer it all for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment