Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dear members of the outside world,
 
Wow. It's the third week already! That means I'm already a third of the way done with the MTC!
 
I cannot believe how much has happened. It's like every single week is both a month and a single day, the time passes so differently here. Best news first. For devotional on Tuesday, we went to the Marriot center for the first time. I was in the choir (the choir was pretty much two-thirds of the MTC, it was HUGE) so we walked over early. And even before I sat down I heard someone call my name. It was Sister MARIAH JOHNSON!! I am so happy that I got to see her!! (For those that don't know, she is my cousin/roommate of two years) She spoke to me in Finnish, and it definitely sounds like an intense language. She asked me to say something in Korean, but it probably didn't sound very impressive haha. She told me that she prayed she would see me, and I know that it was an answer to her prayer, because there were SO many people that it was very unlikely that we would see each other.
 
Another thing about that devotional-- as we were walking over, I looked behind me and it was seriously like an army of missionaries with no end in sight. There were about 2,000 of us, and I immediately thought that we were literally 2,000 spritual warriors. We are in the preparation stage before we go out into the field of battle to help bring sould unto Christ. Just like the 2,000 strippling warriors in the Book of Mormon, we can and will succeed as long as we have faith. Our parents taught us well, and now it's up to us to fight for liberty-- the liberty of those waiting to hear the gospel.
 
The language is still fun and still coming, and I have a little more vocabulary at my grasp. We are now teaching two investigators, both new. Yesterday Sister Bussio and I taught both of them in the same day. That was interesting, especially because both of them ended up having the same sort of question: how to pray. We had to go off our script for both, which was very interesting, though I think we did okay. We can say simple (VERY simple) sentences on our own, so we were able to sort of get our ideas across. I had one of them write down his question so we could answer it next time, because neither of us could figure out what he was saying for the life of us. We have another lesson tonight, our first TRC! TRC is with an actual real person, so I'm pretty nervous. Luckily we are going to the temple right before, so we will be extra spiritually in-tune.
 
It's so great to recieve letters from people! Believe me when I say it. Everytime our district gets letters, it's like Christmas!
Mom, I'm so glad that you were safe and found help when your car broke down. And how was Becky's shower?? I wish I could have gone! Tell her I love and miss her!
Also, tell dad Happy Father's Day this Sunday, and I'm thinking of him a lot! I was going to send a card, but then i remembered he's in Bolivia. :/
 
We do indeed get to exercise, an hour every day. It's life-saving! And mind-saving. I had a cold this past week, but once again, prayer is so powerful. I prayed right from the beginning that it wouldn't get as bad as my colds usually do, and this has been one of the fastest recoveries ever! I'm already pretty much back to normal. Sadly, i got my companion sick :( But now I will pray for her health too!
 
Tell Dad and Nelly that I really love them but no, we aren't allowed to have visitors. The reason is that it's just distracting from the work that we are doing. But I would love to hear from them in email/letter!
 
저는 몰몬경이 잠되다 는 것을 알고있습니다.
 
I love you all!
 
Sister Christina Segovia

No comments:

Post a Comment