Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hello parents!
 
Can you believe it's already been more than three weeks? This past week has been insane. We said goodbye to the older missionaries, and hello to some new ones! The older missionaries were so great; we all miss them a ton! But they are happily serving in Korea, and we will soon be joining them! Only six weeks left.
 
Mom, thank you for sending me frequent Dear Elder's it really brightens my day to hear about everyone! Especially little Kru :) Tell him I love him too!! And make sure you tell Cami and Leeam when you talk to them too. <3
 
Yes, I was definitely excited that I could see Mariah, because she was also singing in the choir! And now she is gone to Finland! I can't believe it. Hearing Finnish from her mouth-- I just can't wait until we get back and will be able to say our whole life story to each other in different langauges! That will be so fun.
 
So our first TRC lesson was great, the people are incredibly nice. I can't remember what TRC stands for, but it's just when member come volunteer so we can teach lessons to them. We are teaching them again tonight. As far as the other lessons go, this week Sister Bussio and I started going without a script!! Now we just bring an outline, and the vocab that we don't know for that lesson. It is way better becuase you can actually be guided by the Spirit in what you say. And we are better prepared to answer any question from our investigators! Just yesterday, the very FIRST question our investigator asked in the lesson was about a completely different topic than we were going to teach. But we were able to still answer (though minimally) and can teach him more about it in our next lesson. Also, we are getting better at understanding/looking up what he is saying. All in all, I'm excited about how well we are doing!
 
Both my companion and I are better from our colds (I took lots of Vitamins mom, don't worry) and are feeling fresh and happy!
 
We are still chugging along through the language, and are steadily improving, though I still feel as if I should be learning things faster. I made a goal with myself yesterday, that I will not waste a single moment on my mission! Anything that I do must be for a reason--to bring others to Christ. Though if that requires taking a little brain-break, that counts. It just can't go wasted.
 
One thing that i absolutely love about the MTC is how strong the Spirit is. It's everywhere, a constant presence. And when we learn how to invite and welcome it, our lessons and learning go so much more smoothly. Also, my patriarchal blessing? What a lifesaver! Any and all people should use it as a rope, keeping them from drowning in all the unimportant things that we so often tend to think about.
 
So, super cool fact: Elder Frampton in my district has the same birthday as me!! So now we are best friends. haha! I am exactly one year older than him. :) Also, Two other Elders from our district, Elder Stapley and Elder Pickard, also have the same birthday! how crazy is that?? What are the odds that of the 12 people in our district, four of us would shar a birthday with someone! my mind is blown by that. It's so fun!
 
I can't believe so many people are in/coming to the MTC! I pretty much see someone I know every other day! It's so fun. I can't wait for Sydney to get here! I'm still watching out for Elder Allen Nelson, I'm sure we'll bump into each other sometime. Also, Kenisi sent me an email, and he is going to El Salvador for his mission!! How cool is that? I'm way excited for him. :D
 
Tell anyone and everyone that I love them, and make sure to direct them to this blog if they want to know how I am doing!
 
Sister Christina Segovia

No comments:

Post a Comment