Monday, August 19, 2013

What a wonderful world!

So, this past week was great. I love both of the areas we are working in!

In our first area, Jinju, we officially have one investigator, and
hopefully will have another by the end of the week! We are teaching
them English, so every lesson is half-hour of English and half-hour of
Gospel. English is suprisingly difficult to teach! They ask me to
define words that I only know from context. It's amazing to see just
how much we learn from hearing words in sentences. Also, I've started
writing down all the the idioms and expressions we use in English (my
companion has me teach her one a day) and I discovered that Americans
use idioms ALL the time. Which means that Koreans probably do the same
thing... I've got a lot to learn! Anyway, we have our second lesson
with our investigator tonight! I feel strongly that I must boldly
testify of the Book of Mormon to her. The Book of Mormon is not just
another book. It is the Word of God! From studying it's words, we can
gain more happiness and peace then by anything else. I know that.

Our other area, Sachon, is also doing great! We went to the ward for
the first time and they were all so so friendly. That ward is even
smaller than Jinju and we discovered that most people are inactive
because church is forever away from where they live. But the Branch
President lives on and island, and he invited us to come visit some
time! I'm very excited to see it. We have one investigator there,
being passed to us from the Elders. We haven't yet gotten an
appointment with her, but she chooses to come to church just because
it has had a good impact on her son. Speaking of which, her son is our
Ward Mission Leader and I would say he is one of the biggest blessings
Sachon has. He cares so much and puts most of his time into helping us
and the members.

So I can't remember if I said this in my last email, but I really feel
at home in these two wards, because it's just like in the Spanish
branch! It's small, the members are like family, and I can't
understand a thing! haha

We can already see the work progressing in these two brand new Sister
areas. I know that Heavenly Father is helping us, and the more we work
the more we will reap the rewards of bringing people to Christ! I
can't wait to see where these areas are in 9 weeks.

I love you! I've no clue how long it takes for DearElders to get here,
or any mail for that matter, but I'm sure I will get them eventually!

Love, Sister Segovia

No comments:

Post a Comment