Monday, November 11, 2013

From across the ocean...

Hello my beloved family and friends across the ocean!
 
So guess where I just came from? Yet another hike! This time it was wayyy less steep, but also took about twice the time. Anyway, my legs and lungs are indeed learning to come alive again, that's for sure. One thing I can tell you, Korea is beautiful! Hiking is awesome, because we get to experience the quiet side of Korea too. Dad, you are right, Gupo is a good mixture of city and countryside. We are a part of Busan, but kind of on the outskirts so it's retty similar to Jinju, but with a subway.
 
As for missionary work, this past week was kind of rough. We lost two of our investigators, and haven't been able to meet wth the other two for the past two weeks. It's a little hard to come from Jinju where we had sooo many appointments, and now we really don't have any. BUT, I'm convinced that losing our investigators is all in God's plan to free up our time for people who are truly ready for His gospel. :)
 
Speaking of such, those miracles may already be starting! Yesterday, a girl who lives close to our church came, just because she felt that she should go. .... 8O  :D
We were able to teach her the Restoration (as if we had planned to teach it, even though it was last-minute; the Spirit really can help us!), and hope that she comes back. She is a middle schooler, and very shy, but I think she was paying attention much more than she wanted to appear. :). But yeah! Amazing right?
 
Something that Sister Freseman and I were talking about: the wave of missionaries that have been leaving. It's like a tsunami; before the wave actually comes in, all the water gets pulled out. So everyone is paying attention to where the water is going.. but forget that it will be coming BACK. So right now, everyone is excited about how many missionaries are going OUT, but what about when we return?? That's right, it's going to be a tidal wave of prepared mothers and fathers, members who know how to be Visiting and Home teachers, and people who know how to help God's work move forward! Are you ecstatic yet? I hope so! The true way that God's work is hastening isn't from how many missionaries there will be, but how many RETURNED missionaries there will be. ^-^
 
Alrighty, here's the interesting fact of the week. I have been keeping record of TONS. When I come back from my mission, I plan to start a blog of all the things I have written down! So, today is an awesome day: Pepero Day! If you don't know what this snack is, go find them! They are pretty much my favorite thing right now. And in Korea, this day is actually a big deal; all the stores start selling big Pepero gift packages to send to friends. I've been eating these every day for the past week. I suggest that this holiday be made a big deal in the US too. :)
 
Okay that's all for now! Ta ta
 
Sister Segovia
 
"Why sleep ye? Rise and Pray." - Luke 22:46
I notice that sometimes my spirit tends to fall asleep, which prevents the Holy Ghost from being able to communuicate with me. The way that I have found to know if this is happening is to look at my prayers. Are they fervent, or just going through the motions? If it's the latter, I must listen to this command to rise from my spiritual stupor and ask God where He needs me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment