Monday, November 18, 2013

The Little Things

Here I am, ready to tell you about another week of awesomeness!
 
Wow, so much news from home! Tell Shelby congratulations for me and say hello to the baby! Also say hello to Caom, Krystle, Cami, and Liam! And get them to send pictures!! I'm dying without a picture of my family :)
One thing that I found out is that there is an Elder in my zone, Elder Baldwin, that is from American Fork and was in marching band with Davis! Super cool! So he sends a hello.
 
So actually, this week was incredibly slow as far as teaching lessons go. But the lessons we did teach were perfect! we had an amazing miracle with a less-active that we have been teaching. This week we taught her about the importance of church and sacrament, and she immediately decided (before we even invited her to) that she would go to church. And she came! Even though it was farther away due to it being stake conference. But I super hope that she felt the spirit of church again, especially because we were able to see a broadcast to all Korean stakes, and TWO of the 12 Apostles spoke: Elder Cook and Elder Hales. That was amazing to here their words, directed specifically for this culture and this lifestyle.
 
There's really not much else to say except that I am learning how to really enjoy the small little moments throughout the day. Little things are all that's needed, as long as we let God take control and make those little things blossom into huge trees. With God all things are possible!
 
Interesting Fact: When Koreans talk on the phone, they don't have a set "Goodbye" to end the call. They get to the point and then once it's accomplished they hang up. This actually can be a little frustrating because I'm super slow at speaking, and have to pause so I can figure out what to say next, but they think I'm done and hang up. So I've got to master how to keep talking! haha
 
I love you all and wish you the best week ever!
 
Sister Segovia
 
"He that doeth truth cometh to the light." - John 3:21
No matter how much we study about the gospel or try to learn academically about truth, it won't do us any good unless we act on what we learn. We must DO truth in order to come closer to God. And as we come closer, we learn even more truth that we must also act on. It's a continual process of growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment