Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello my wonderful parents and family and friends!

Wow. This week certainly feels like it's been a lifetime, and yet it's gone by so fast!
 
Gupo is a pretty awesome area. The youth is half of the active members! It's awesome. And our Branch President really encourages us to work with the youth and have lots of activities with them, so it's way fun! I already love this ward, and am excited to help this area ass much as I can!
 
So my companion, Sister Freeman, is just as awesome as I thought she would be! We have really been able to work well together, and we both have little quircks that make the work super fun. :D
 
Man, Halloween was this past week! I definitely missed it, even though Halloween wasn ever my favorite holiday. In our Enligh class, which was SUPER fun this past week, we talked about Holidays, and taught about a lot of the American holidays, and learned what some of the Korean holidays are and what they do for it. Sadly, they don't really have too much, and they don't really decorate for them. But korea does have a lot of festivals like the Light one inJjinju, so that makes up for it!
 
I will say one thing about Gupo: it has made it so I will never again complain of the hill at BYU. This place is ALL hill. And coming from Jinju, where all we did was ride buses and eat ice-cream (yes mom, I know I should be better :P) I have been dying! So yeah, it's given me an appreciation for flat ground.
 
Alrighty, I've got to go have fun with P-day! This morning we went on a hike (more hills!) with some of the other Elders in our district. Oh, that's another thing. We have six missionaries in Gupo, and 14 in our district. And the zone leaders are a Korean companionship serving with us in Gupo. They are AWESOME. Super powerful teachers, great at talking with the youth, and just all around top missionaries. It's so cool to be able to work with them!
 
Interesting Fact: They use toilet paper for everything. Where America has napkins, paper towels, tissues... In korea theres just toilet paper. I still get phased a little when I see toilet paper at the dinner table, but then I remember. It's a pretty funny time.
 
Love you all!
 
Sister Segovia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment