Monday, October 28, 2013

Start afresh!

 
 
 


 


So, Here are a couple pictures of the beloved ward that I left, and the baptism we had. She is cute right? :)
 
Now as for my new area, and my new companion! My companion's name is Sister Freeman, and she is awesome! Turns out we are both pretty into fantasy stuff, like all those cool creatures :) And actually, she REALLY reminds me of Sister Mariah Johnson. I'm sure they would get along fantastically! She is from South Carolina, and lived on a farm. :) She's even got a little southern accent that I am starting to pick up on :O I love her already, and we work really well together.
 
This past week I got to meet a couple of the investigators, less actives, and members. It was so fun! The ward here is amazing! They are all very supportive and actually want to help with missionary work. And the youth! Holy moly! There are a ton of them, and they are willing to do anything. There are two (maybe three) Young Women who are preparing to serve missions, and I already love them to death. :)
 
Every Saturday all of the youth come to the church and just hang out there. And this past Saturday we had a little surprise party for one of the Korean Elders in our area. his birthday was on Friday, so we made him brownies and cake :D Which we are actually working with FOUR Elders and us sisters. Two are Korean, two American. The American companionship just came in with me, so there's lots of newness, and meeting the Ward Mission Leader and Branch President and such. It's been crazy! I can tell I'm going to love it here though.
 
Interesting fact of the week: So there's this church. It's been explained to me a few times, but this past week a guy who was a member stopped me and started preaching their views. It's called 하나님의교회, or God's church. Honestly, I was going to write about what they believe, but it just felt wrong to write it. So I'll let you look it up if you want. It's really interesting, and sad to think about how corrupted the world is becoming. it shows how important it is to keep sacred things guarded in our hearts.
 
Okay, that's all for this week! I love you all! Congratulations to the new baby in the family! And I was definitely surprised, but glad to hear that mom got a newer car with air conditioning! Say hi to the family for me--all of them. <3
 
"Bring forth fruit with patience." - Luke 8:15
I love this verse, because sometimes I tend to be impatient. I just want to receive the blessings of my work right away. I want the tree before I've had the sprout. But I need to trust in God, and just keep moving forward. Eventually I will see the fruits of it, but not in my timing. God knows what He is doing, certainly more than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment