Monday, October 7, 2013

Seeing the growth

Oh. my. goodness.

This past week feels like a life-time, because of all of the things that
have happened!

First, I'll start off by telling about the baptism! Sadly, it didn't
happen. BUT never fear! The only reason it got cancelled is because of a
misunderstanding, and our wonderful investigator is still excited to get
baptized! So we just moved it to two weeks from now. :)

We would have done it this next week, but guess what it is?! GENERAL
CONFERENCE!! Yes, I know, you lucky people in the United States already saw
it this past weekend, but for us it's next weekend because they have to
wait for the translation. I am sooo excited!! I can feel that this General
Conference is going to be different than any before. Lately, I have been
reading the Liahonas and have found a lot of inspiration from them. So
I've already come to love latter-day revelation. Really, the Liahona
is a treasure that I don't think many members realize. We are getting
new scriptures every month when we receive those magazines. They
contain the words of our Latter-day prophets! Those, as well as
General Conference, should be treasured just as much as the ancient
scriptures. Can you see why I'm excited? :D Can't wait! I hope you all
found at least one talk that really resonated with you and that you've
committed to live by! If not, I challenge you to.

Here are some big things that happened this week:

1. We had a FOUR-HOUR LONG LESSON with this investigator who wouldn't
let us leave before they contradicted everything we said. It was
brutal. But because of that lesson and the questions that we were
posed with, I was able to receive a concrete answer to a question I
had. Seriously, it was an amazing experience. I had never experienced
getting an answer in such an obvious way and after such little time.
It was the very next morning in personal study! And I was able to help
my companion by telling her what I received as well! It was one of the
most joyful experiences we have had together, especially after
something so spiritually draining.

2. The second-transfer trainees had a training meeting! Which means I
got to see my MTC district again! It was so fun! I really had been
missing them all a ton, and loved seeing how much they have grown
already!

3. We found a huge store that was closing, and everything in the store
was only $10! So I totally found a jacket that would normally be like
80, and got it for 10! I felt awesome, especially because Korea really
is not normally that cheap. Whoo hoo!

4. We had a ward picnic in Sachon! Super fun, and we want to get all
the people that came to come to church! If they all did, we would
double the branch's size!

5. You will never believe this. On Saturday, a former investigator
came to English out of the blue. And guess what she said?! She said
that she has been wanting to come back to church for a while, and she
wants to be baptized as soon as possible! ...!!! Yeah! Seriously, the
Lord works in mysterious and miraculous ways. I feel so lucky to be
here! The miracles I am experiencing are just because I've been in the
right place at the right time! If we are righteous, obedient examples
of Christ, we will be led to those places where miracles are waiting
to happen.

Okay, that about sums up the week. The interesting fact of the week is
about the Light Festival in Jinju. We got to see it pretty much every
night, but haven't actually gotten to take a picture. It's this huge
festival that was happening this past week, with tons of lights
everywhere on the river. They have these floating light statues, that
are lit up at night. It is SO beautiful. The story that goes with the
festival is this:
In a war between the Koreans and the Japanese, the Japanese were
coming on their boats to conquer the people. During the night, some
children made hundreds of little paper boats and set them free with a
light inside. When the Japanese saw all of those lights, they got
scared, thinking that the Koreans had a army much bigger than they
thought. So they turned back and didn't attack!
The festival is a huge deal here, with thousands of people coming to
see it. And there's this big thing about Seoul wanting to start
something like it, but no one wants them to because that's a famous
JINJU tradition. I'm rooting for Jinju, because I love this place!

Okay, I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!

Sister Segovia

"Because it had no root, it withered away." -Mark 4:6
Where are your roots? Are they grounded deep in the gospel? Or on the
things of the world? I've discovered that my gospel roots need to be
nourished and take hold of the deep soil before I can progress any
further. I know that when we focus on the most important things, the
fruit of our lives will be so much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment