Monday, September 30, 2013

Wait, what just happened?


So I just realized that yesterday was officially four months in the
mission. Where did the last month go? It's all moving so fast! I only
have three weeks left with my amazing companion! D: Ahhh!

Aside from the fact that the mission is shooting by like a spaceship
through hyperspace, I have some very very very exciting news!!! Our Phillipina investigator is getting baptized this next Sunday!! Ahhh!!
She just told us on the phone yesterday that she had decided to be
baptized and we are meeting with her tonight! I am so excited for her,
and wanted to spread the excitement all over the world! Though I'm not
completely sure, I think what really touched her and helped her decide
is the temple, and the fact that she will be able to be sealed to her
husband forever. :)

This last week was insane, and a huge growing experience for me!
Because my companion is Sister Training Leader, we do exchanges with
all the companionships in our zone. This past week we did two in a
row; super exhausting but super exhilerating as well! And our
wonderful Sister Gilbert (Mission President's wife) said that for all
of the exchanges, I will be the one staying in 진주, which means that I
have to get us to all our appointments and such. Like, actually have
responsibility! :O haha So yeah, this week was the week that I figured
out I'm actually a good missionary and will be able to survive when my
trainer is far away. :)

Both of the Sisters that I exchanged with were so kind, and I loved
every minute of being with them. One was Korean but could speak
English, and the other was American, only one transfer ahead of me.
That was SO fun because it was two young American missionaries. And we
experienced so many miracles! While planning for one of our members in
the morning, I felt like I should share an experience, so I translated
it into Korean. And then in the actual lesson, she started talking
about the very thing that I had prepared to share! It was amazing.

And with our less active member, she has really become excited to hear
our messages, trying to get her boys to listen, and really wants to
come to church again! Another less active member came to church out of
the blue! And she said, (right next to our investigator... :D) that
she had prayed as we asked her to and felt like she needed to come to
church. It's so great!

Interesting thing about Korea: while Americans wave as a greeting,
Koreans bow. The lower the bow, the greater respect is being shown. So
when you are super thankful, you bow super low. See what I mean about
Koreans being a very respectful society?

A couple other things:
I am super excited about Cara Buckner. She's serving a mission in
Hawaii! That's so cool! When does she leave?
And I heard Drew Guyer is engaged? Tell him congratulations for me :)
Also, didn't Becky Vogl get married last month? Why haven't I heard
anything about it? I need pictures! :D

I love you all so much, and can't wait to tell you about this next
very eventful week as well! The work is going forward with every path
towards success.

Love, Sister Segovia

" Freely ye have received, freely give." - Matt. 10:8
This statement really can speak for itself. Just share! The gospel,
your time, your talents, and possessions, they're all from God. And
doesn't He love all people? So who are we to keep His gifts from
others? This past week I have learned a lot about the law of
consecration, and realized there are a lot of aspects to this law that
I never even knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment