Monday, September 9, 2013

2nd Transfer

Yeah, this past week has really showed me just how fantastic my
trainer is. Her faith is so strong, and her ability to love everyone
is beyond me! Okay, it's not actually beyond me (in fact it's my goal
to become the same way) but really, she is such a huge example! Here's
some big things that happened in the past two weeks.

1. My companion had surgery a week ago, so she has been walking around
with a hole in her foot! Literally. She had a corn removed from her
heel, and it just barely stopped bleeding. But she never complains,
and was kind enough to walk around all day after her surgery because I
was selfish enough to want to go to district P-day! I still feel
terrible about that. But it seems to be healing, even with all the
walking we have to do as missionaries.

2. Today is the first day of my SECOND TRANSFER! And guess what? We
just got called to be Sister Training Leaders! Technically my trainer
is the official STL but since I'm her companion I'll be doing the same
thing. I'm super excited, and can't believe how much the Lord is
trusting me with! But like I said, I have a great trainer and we are
learning so much together.

3. We got two new investigators this past week! One of the ladies,
Gladdis, is from the Phillipines! She just moved here last week and is
the wife of one of our bishopric. She doesn't know Korean and though
she knows English, not gospel English. So it's really hard to teach
her, but we just got a Tagolog Book of Mormon and some pamphlets that
we can give her tomorrow :) We have faith that she will progress very
quickly, as well as the other lady we have started teaching. With
obedience and love, Heavenly Father will speak through us and the
windows of heaven can be opened!

So I started a list of all the interesting facts about Korea and
decided to make it a weekly special! The first one I want to share is
about how creative Koreans are with ice-cream. We get ice-cream pretty
much everyday here. Yeah I know it's very unhealthy, but their
ice-cream bars are amazing! I still haven't tried them all, and have
yet to come across one that didn't make me want more. :D There is this
one that looks like a watermellon slice, with chocolate as the seeds.
Yum!

There's lots more that happened, but if I were to write it all you
would be reading this email for hours. So many lessons learned..

Mom, you seriously cracked me up when you said you were reading the
Book of Mormon in Korean. :D :D Don't worry, Korean is read from left
to right, just like us. And learning the alphabet is actually super
easy! Thank you for wanting to do something like that for me! It
really helps me and gives me courage!

Okay, I'll end here! Can't wait to tell more next week. Love you all!

Sister Christina Segovia

An inspirational one-liner I found in the scriptures (there's tons if
you look for them):
"I will fight you battles." - Our Heavenly Father, D&C 105:14
Heavenly Father really does care about each and every one of us. If we
allow Him, He will help us through any and all challenges. We are
never ever alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment