Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sorry this email is a day later than usual, we switched our P-day to
Tuesday for this week because yesterday we had Zone Conference! I
absolutely LOVE getting to hear from our mission president and his
wife; they are so inspiring and give a new and renewed desire to serve
with all our heart! I also got to hear from them two other times last
week, one when we went to transfer meeting and the other when we went
to leadership meeting. I learned so much!

The thing that we have really been focusing on is obedience, but
obedience from the heart. I learned that there are two kinds of
obedient missionaries. In D&C 4, it says to serve with all your heart,
might, mind, and strength. So one missionary is 100% obedient, but
only with all of her might and strength. She follows all of the rules,
but is not happy. The second missionary is also 100% obedient, but she
puts her heart and mind into it as well. She is truly happy and will
receive the most blessings because she has truly changed inside and
out.

I just remembered that I kind of learned the same thing at the MTC
already, but I guess I forgot and needed another reminder!

MOM!! I got your package last week; it got here WAY fast which was
awesome. And when I opened it up, I felt like I was opening a treasure
box! Seriously thank you thank you thank you for all the things in
there! It was Christmas in September :) I love you so much!

This week is a holiday in Korea! It's called Chooseok and it's pretty
much like Thanksgiving. It's super huge here; everyone gets together
with their family for three days and eats and eats and eats. So it's
super fun! Except the only problem is that as missionaries we don't
have family here, and we aren't aloud to schedule appointments on
those three days. Sooo the next week is going to be kind of slow, but
we are planning on having a district feast today and on Thursday (the
actual holiday) we are going to buy a cake! Yay!

As far as investigators go, we are having success! The Lord really is
blessing this area! We got another new investigator, though we won't
be able to meet with her again till next week. AND GUESS WHAT?! Our
Phillipina investigator has a baptisimal date! Ahh! I'm so excited for
her :) She still has a lot to learn but her heart is so open and the
ward is really trying hard to help her feel accepted. They even had a
party for her and her husband's one year anniversary this past Sunday.
I love these people!

Okay, here's this week's special! Interesting fact about Korea,
there's no dryers! Everyone just drys their clothes on drying racks or
clotheslines. It's way better for your clothes of course, but
sometimes things happen like what happened today. My companion needed
her jeans, but they were dirty. So she quickly washed them and then
comes in and asked me what the fastest way to dry clothes is. I of
course replied "by dryer..." haha but I walk into the room later and
she's ironing her wet jeans so that they will be dry enough for her to
wear them. :D

Anyway, I hope you're used to reading mile long emails because it
seems that I can't keep them short! Love you!

Sister Christina Segovia

P.s. I forgot to tell you, I have now officially eaten octopus, grown
and baby, and enjoyed it. And I also have had large and small
intestines, and don't enjoy that as much. Haha

"Live unto me." - D&C 124:86
Everything we do should be with Christ in mind. What would he do? What
would I do if he were here? How can I change to be like him? And as we
learn to live unto Him, our thoughts will turn out towards others
rather than ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment