Monday, April 21, 2014

Choke-gu, it's the new craze‏

Actually I'm really not a fan of the game 촉구 because I really am terrible at it, but that happens to be the game we are playing for P-day today! Volleyball soccer is harder than you'd think!

So I got to meet my ward yesterday at church! Not trying to play favorites, but I think this will be the best ward yet :D Our Branch President is sooo funny, and so is our ward mission leader. Another Elder and I already have nicknames haha. Elder Payne looks just like a kid from Home Alone, so now they just call him Elder Home Alone, and They call me Sister Bolivia or Sister Guitar. haha! So fun. I'm going to have a blast here!  And my companions are so fun, though I think I came in just to keep the sane in the companionship haha they can get pretty crazy :P <3

Also, this past week we did interviews with our mission president, and it was our LAST interview meeting with him! He will be going home in just a couple months and a new mission president will be coming in! So many things are going to change these next few months! It will be really interesting. 

Something really cool that happened at the interview meeting was when we were all talking together with Sister Gilbert, she started explaining something that was almost the exact same thing that I had learned in my personal study last transfer! Except from a different point of view. It was so awesome! And I realized that lately, since I've been reading all of Paul's writings, I make diagrams or pictures in order to understand. I've learned that from Paul's vivid comparisons, as well as Sister Gilbert's :)

AND we had a zone conference, and I discovered that I have served with a third of my zone before!! Ahhh I was so happy, because all of the people I've served with are absolutely amazing!

A miracle from the week was one of our investigators who used to meet with missionaries but really didn't care or react to the lessons, but then once the sister missionaries started meeting with him he was more open. And this past lesson that we had with him, he prayed at the end of the lesson! It was so great!! But we don't know when we will be able meet him again because his wife is really busy... but we really really want to meet with him again.

Anyway, that's all for now!

Sister Segovia

Interesting Fact: Korean girls don't want any muscle. Big calf muscles is not a good thing at all, and some people even get surgery to remove the muscle. Crazy, right?

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for." - Hebrews 11:1
Have you ever really thought about this before? I'm still trying to figure it out. This time, I'm actually going to ask you all what you think about this verse! So, what thoughts go through your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment