Monday, April 7, 2014

I guess I'll be having a big family....

So guess what? Actually, you'll never be able to guess it, so I'll just tell you. :) I got transferred today!! I am now in a brand new area--호계(Hogye).I left my two wonderful Korean companions behind to work miracles in that area, and now I have arrived to a new start! And there's one more surprise that you'd REALLY never have guessed.----- I'm in another threesome! This time with two other Americans! That's right, two threesome companionships in a row! I was so surprised. Something my former companion, Sister 최예인 said was that if you have a lot of three-people companionships, you are being trained to have a big family... So I'm a little nervous about that haha

I really did love my old area, and we did indeed have a baptism yesterday! It was such a miracle, for multiple reasons. First of all, this kid has been taking the lessons from missionaries for years and years, but never wanted to be baptized. He knew all the doctrine, he kept all the commandments, but he just didn't want to be baptized. But finally, this past transfer he made up his mind to do it! There were so many missionaries that came, because he has gone through a lot of Elders. So it was way fun! And also, we regained permission to have another boy baptized, so the Sisters will be working on that this next transfer. Happiness reigns!

The rest of this week was pretty busy preparing for the baptism and then preparing for me to leave once we got transfer calls on Thursday. I'm going to miss that area! I was there for three transfers, my longest so far. But I realized today that one of my favorite things about missionary work is indeed transfers! That was surprising to me. and probably to you to. But I realized that my personality needs those new starts, to remind me about my goals and realign my desires to where they need to be. Here's something a fellow missionary said: the Atonement is all about the power of change. So having so many opportunities to start again is giving me an opportunity to use the Atonement more fully! It's a new realization for me.

Anyway. I love you all a ton, and can't wait to be able to tell you more about my new area and companions next week. And holy moly, can you believe Elder Jalen Gibbons and Elder Tyson Gibbons will be returning in just over a month? I'm way excited for them and their families. :D

Lots of love sent your way! <3 <3
Sister Christina Segovia

Interesting Fact: Koreans think blowing your nose in public is not so gracious. So they just end up having the sniffles rather than blowing their nose, which I always thought was more irritating. But Americans also don't usually like the whole nose-blowing thing either.

Inspiring Scripture: The well known and much quoted, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7
So many prophets have quoted this scripture when speaking of what they want to proclaim when their journey is over. I too want to be able to say this in the end. But the key is, the end doesn't mean just the end of our life. The end could mean the end of my mission, the end of a transfer, or even the end of a day. Can you and I say this after every day? Did we fight a good fight when Satan put a negative thought in our mind? Did we continue what we were prompted to do in the moment? Did our faith never waver? I hope to be able to say that every day for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment