Monday, March 31, 2014

Hello!

So, first let me tell you about the absolute disaster that happened the other day. My planner--it went to the grave!!! You probably don't understand the immensity of terrible this is, but I am heartbroken over here. My planner is where I write my dreams, funny things, interesting things, just things I want to remember, and I save each and every transfer's. This planner happened to have two very important days in it (birthday and half-way point) and now I have no record of it!! Noooooooooooo.....  And it was all due to a rainy day. I dropped it and it got completely soaked. But not only that, it got ran over by 50 million cars. So it was soggy shreds by the time I found it again. Oh the sorrow..

Anyway, I will eventually get over it, though I still am super sad that I lost all of those thoughts (sorry mom, I wasn't able to keep up on my journal :/).

But, about this past week. The best part was, you guessed it, my birthday! So we were actually super busy that day. We went to lunch with one of our investigators, who is so fun and is dating a guy who goes to BYU. And by the way, I invited her for Christmas, if she decides to come. :D :D

After that. we went with our Elders for an awesome little adventure! Our English students, a wife and husband, invited us to go with them to see some famous places in Korea, and we were able to get permission to go! We got to try on actual Korean clothes from ancient times (I wore the bridal clothes) and none of us wanted to take them off. It was just as cool of an experience for the Koreans as it was for us Americans. And we were also able to go to the grave site for all the soldiers that dies in the Korean War, which was really cool. And it was raining, so it heightened the whole effect. Then, they took us to dinner!

And right after that we went to another investigator's home, who served us more dinner that she had made herself (she doesn't like to cook) and taught a little lesson. It was so great!

The rest of this week was just as busy and just as fun. We are having a baptism next Sunday! A forever investigator is finally getting baptized :) 

Since I've written so much, I'll leave it at that. I love you all so much, and thank you for the birthday wishes and prayers! Stay safe and strong. 

Interesting fact: When they play dodgeball, it's with just one ball. I know, to an American, it's like "how do you play that with just one ball?" But here's how it works: there's one ball being thrown, and if you get tagged, you go to the other side, but rather than just stand there, you can still play. All those who are out surround the other team and can receive the ball and get people out. So it gets harder the more people you get out, but your goal is still to get everyone. Its way fun!

"Fight the good fight of faith." - 1 Timothy 6:12
We're in a war here, and our greatest weapon is our faith in God. No matter what happens, if our faith stays strong, there's nothing you can't conquer. Another scripture that goes right along: "Endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." (2 Timothy 6:12). I really like these analogies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment