Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mile-long brain run‏

Hello family! So I actually have time to email today, yayy!! Which is very needed since there is SO much stuff going on here.

First of all, let me clarify: last week's hair fiasco was not just a haircut (that would have been super ridiculous). My companion did Magic which straightens your hair so you don't have to do it every day. It saves a lot of time in the long run. But I'm just glad God gave me the hair I have. haha

More about this threesome companionship. The companion that came in, Sister Park Eun Gyong (박은경) is so fun! Serving with her, there is never a dull moment. She is always happily serving, and really good at making people laugh. 

This past week was insane! It started out not so great, because the boy that was going to get baptized's baptismal date got cancelled, but we are still going to teach him and his family. And one of the Elders that was in my MTC District got sick and had to go home! :( So there were some sad moments this past week. But after that it was just good happenings.

We had Mission Tour on Thursday, where a Mission President from Japan came and spoke to us. It was amazing of course, and really great to see the other missionaries in the Busan-city area. 

On Saturday for our weekly youth activity, we made brownies. But somehow the batter was wayyy to oily, so all the American missionaries put our minds together to figure out how to fix them. That was super fun, especially since I have no idea how to bake. But they turned out very delicious in the end, so it was a success!

Also, Stake Conference was this past weekend, and all of the missionaries were invited to the Saturday session as well. One of the Young Women from my last area spoke! She is a recent convert, and in the past couple months since I left, her friend that she invited to church got baptized! Such an awesome little missionary :) <3

AND on Sunday, you'll never believe it. It was a miracle! FOUR of our investigators came to the Sunday session of Stake Conference! And for two of them it was the first time they had been to our church. It was so fantastic! Though man, it's super hard to take care of more than one investigator at a time. Good thing there is three of us! God definitely knew what he was doing when he put three of us here for this transfer.

And finally, here I am in a different area on exchanges with a Sister that is going home in four weeks. Crazy week, right? And I didn't even touch any of the details! Anyway, I hope you are all well! How was your week? What has been happening in the family?

I love hearing from you! 
Sister Segovia

Interesting Fact: 
This next week (March 14th) is White Day. This is like Valentine's Day, but here Valentine's day is where girls give guys chocolate, and White Day is when guys give to the girls. I've no clue why they need separate days, but I guess it's always good to have more days for showing love. 

"Love with faith." - Ephesians 6:23
This past week as I was studying, I discovered the relation between love and faith. In order to truly love, we have to do so with faith! We have to take the step first, and love will follow. And the more steps we take, the more love we gain, and the closer we come to feeling the true love of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment