Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Prophet truly does speak for God‏

CONFERENCE!!! I know, this is a week later than you all, but Korea watches conference the week after. So we got to see it Saturday and yesterday! And ohhhh my goodness it was amazing! There were points where I was so exhausted, but I absolutely couldn't let myself doze off, because the messages that were being given by the prophets of the Lord are way more important! As we were watching, we noticed that the theme really was focused around the attacks coming from this new world of technology. Lately, as members our biggest challenge comes from that direction, because things have become so normal through technology. So we have to be very careful to KNOW our standards and STAND by our standards. Which is easier said than done. But it's life-savingly important!
 
This past week has just been a whirlwind of activity, both physically and mentally. Coming to a new area is always crazy, because you've got so much to learn in a small amount of time. I have been meeting all the investigators and members, and trying so hard to remember who they are. And not only that, but we are actually busy here! I absolutely love this area. It is very similar to my first area, Jinju. It's more country (though don't get me wrong, there's still 20-floor buildings everywhere) and the sisters were just white-washed in last transfer. And just like in Jinju, the miracles have exploded with activity, so we already have a lot going on!
 
We have this one investigator who is actually taking us somewhere today. She is progressing and really likes studying the Book of Mormon. We taught her about prophets last week and invited her to watch conference and she readily accepted. So we watched conference with her in mind, to know which talks we should share. Of course, we need to share one from President Monson, so I was wondering if what he said would apply to her. And you know what? The message that he gave was EXACTLY the thing that she has the biggest problem with. From the very first two sentences that he spoke, I knew it was what we needed. God prepared his talk for us! I have such a strong testimony of the power that our prophet and apostles have. If you haven't yet, please watch conference with an open heart! You will see miracles.
 
I love you all so much! And Happy Easter! Don't forget who it's for-- our Savior, Jesus Christ!
 
Sister Segovia
 
Interesting Fact:
This actually is more terrible then fun, but I'll tell you what happened this morning. So for foreigners in Korea, you have to update your foreigner card every time you move. But of course since missionaries move so much, it's a really big hassle. Regrettably, most don't do it or do it late. This happened to be the case for my companions as we went this morning. Turns out, if you don't update your address within two weeks after moving, you have to pay a 100,000won (about 80$) fine! Who knew? But actually, no one knew, even the people in the mission headquarters,. My poor companions were the first to find out, and did indeed have to pay up. Luckily I did it in time! I now have a stronger testimony about keeping the laws of the land.
 
One-liner of the week:
"He that built all things is God." - Hebrews 3:4
In this scripture, it compares us to a house and says if there is a nice house, the person that should get credit is the architect, rather than the house itself. We may be pretty fantastic with all of the things that we have done, but we should always remember that we became who we are because of God. I started out just as a normal little house, but through the Atonement of Christ I have been able to go through renovations and updates, and will continue to do so until I become the magnificent mansion that God has in mind for me. I'm not there yet, but as long as I remember who's designing me, I'm steadily heading in the direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment