Monday, October 13, 2014

The day we've all been looking forward to...conference!


Yeah, so I know you already saw Conference last week, but us over here in Korea just got to watch it yesterday and Saturday! And wow, it was absolutely amazing!!! I'll talk a little about the beginning of the week first and then come back to it.

So for one, we had interviews with out President on Tuesday, which was really great. I like him a lot. I can really feel that he cares for us like his family. And while we were waiting for our interviews we were able to talk with his wife, Sister Barrow, and she asked us about our families and what life in the church was like for us, etc. 

We met with the children we are teaching, and we talked with them about repentance and baptism! They are such smart kids, and always continue talking about what we taught even after the lesson. And they said that they want to be baptized!! Of course, now we have to talk with their father and get his permission, which we are still unsure about how to go about that..... But we are praying about it and hope that everything works out!

The miracle of the week has to do with one of our investigators that is our same age. I'm not sure if I mentioned them before but we have these two investigators that our both our age. One of them (Sister Joo) has a lot of church knowledge, having gone to lots of churches when she was younger, but she doesn't really have a testimony right now. The other girl (Sister Lee), she didn't know anything about church at all. We met with them and taught a lesson about the Book of Mormon, reading the first chapter of Nephi together with them. Sister Joo was able to understand pretty well, though Sister Lee had difficulties. So it was really great to have both of them their so one could help the other. 

The next time we met them was Saturday night, while the Priesthood Conference session was playing. So we explained what General Conference was a little bit and I was super excited about it so Sister Lee looked like she actually wanted to come. Sister Joo was busy, but we texted Sister Lee that night telling her the times we would be watching it the next day. We didn't here a thing from her. But then out of the blue as we were watching the last half of the last session she came in!! (probably right about where you got to watch conference Dad!) It was absolutely amazing. Especially because she got to hear Elder Bednar's talk that was directed specifically to those who aren't members. What perfect timing that talk was! I was so happy. :D 

So, we hope that she really was able to feel a little more about the truth of our church! I can't wait to meet her this week. :)

As for the interesting fact last week. sorry if it was unclear... I meant "open my bag" not back lol
This weeks' interesting fact: the tradition when a tooth falls out is to throw it on the top of their roof. I'm not really sure what this is supposed to signify, but the thought is if you don't throw it up there than you won't grow your new tooth!

Hope this was fun! I love you all-<3
Sister Segovia

To end, I had a really cool experience this past General Conference that I would like to share. It actually starts all the way back when I was being trained and it was time to watch my very first General Conference on my mission. We were all encouraged to go to Conference with a question, and were promised that it would be answered. During that time, I had a question about prophets, unsure of what the difference was between the 12 Apostles, and the actual President of the church, President Monson. I listened intently for any mention of prophets in that General Conference meeting, but the topic was not mentioned. A little disappointed, I just decided to set it aside and forget about it. Now -one year later- as I was sitting in the Sunday morning session, that question was answered in every way I could have asked, with 3 or 4 talks all about the prophet's role. It was absolutely amazing. I had never even thought that perhaps I would have to wait a few conference's before I would receive my answer. But now it makes so much sense. Heavenly Father didn't give the answer right then because he wanted me to learn this lesson-- that He will ALWAYS answer, but sometimes it may take some waiting on our part. We just have to continue on in faith and it will come, a sweet and clear answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment