Tuesday, September 30, 2014

First week is completed!‏

Wow, this past week was pretty insane. I get to tell you all about my trainee :)

But first, I'll explain the process that happened before I actually met my new companion. So on Monday we went to transfer meeting in Busan and Sister Harris and I became temporary companions. We returned to Hogye and did everything there to prepare for our trainees to come. Then on Tuesday we went to Gyeongju to prepare there (our purpose in preparing is to get everything ready so that the new missionaries don't have anything to worry about except missionary work). Also, a member in our ward took us out to eat....... DOG! whooohoooo I finally can say that I have indeed eaten dog! lol But interesting fact, though Americans all seem to think that's a common food here, most young Koreans are as much disgusted by the thought of eating dog as any other American. Anyway, I have been wanting to eat it for a while, I finally could! It's pretty good actually, though I probably won't choose to eat it again, just because of the poor little puppies... :D

Anyway, on Wednesday Sister Harris and I headed back to Busan and met all of the trainees, but didn't receive a companion. We did a couple-hour-long proselyting activity where we switch around with four different trainees. There were three Koreans and three American sisters. I served with all of the Koreans.... which confirmed my already strong suspicion that I would get a Korean trainee.

On Thursday morning we all met together again, and then found out who our companion was, after which we practiced studying and teaching together, then headed back to our areas. So my companion..... Her name is Sister Kim YeGi and she is absolutely amazing. We are the same age. She actually didn't get to go to the MTC, and just came straight here from her home. But dispite the fact that she didn't come with the knowledge that we learn in the MTC, she is just like a missionary that's been out for a year. She learns so fast and has so much courage to just apply what she learns right away. I'm learning so much from her!

And since she's been here, miracles have been coming like crazy! Yesterday absolutely exploded with blessings from God. So we went to church, and none of our investigators came to Sacrament meeting... But then in Sunday School our less-active, the mother of the three kids we are teaching, came and just did a little tour of the church. She saw all of the kids that come to our church, and I think she liked the idea of her kids coming here. Then she left, and we went into Relief Society. But five minutes in, a member comes and is like hey there are some young women here.... So we run out and it's the students we teach English to. We had invited them to come after church, but they got there early, so we were like okay come in to Young Womens! So we were like wow two students came to church! That was pretty exciting. But THEN, after church ended, another member came up and was like hey did you talk with your investigator yet? At first I thought they were talking about the students, but then I saw our OTHER investigator, who had apparently just gotten there. I was dumbfounded. Especially because we had been trying to contact her for two weeks since the last time she came to church, and she hadn't answered at ALL. But then she just showed up for lunch after church out of the blue. Wow. So we spent all day yesterday with both her and the students, making good relationships and teaching them. It was crazyyy!! But really exciting. :D

I'm so glad that all of these crazy awesome things happened for my companion's first week in missionary work. Hopefully this next week will go just as well! I think it will. :]

Before I close out, I would like to thank you mom for your testimony and your conversion story! I'm really excited to get to read it. Thank you thank you!

I love everyone, and don't forget it!
Sister Segovia

I'd like to share a story that the new AP Elder Sutton shared to us in our trainer meeting. He told his own story, of when he was young and was sitting on his father's bed while his father worked. His father called him and told him that if he would wait 15 minutes then his father had a present for him. So he went back to his bed wondering what this present would be, and incredibly excited to find out. He waited, and he waited. For minutes, hours... He waited for two days he thought. Then he ran back to father, but his father said, "Son, it's only been 30 seconds." Only 30 seconds? Well he went back to the bed, but continuedly ran back to his father asking "Has it been 15 minutes yet?" He ran back there numerous times. And finally, FINALLY, he received the present he had waited so long for. The lesson from this story is simple. It's not about our timing. Heavenly Father has told us he has blessings that He wants to give us. We just have to wait a little bit. We may think it's way past due for our present, but it's only been 30 seconds. The important thing is to never give up. Never give up on God, never give up on hoping. If we give up and just stay at the bed and think there's no present after all, then there won't be any! But God always wants to give that gift. He's always there waiting. He loves us. I know that. Thank you so much for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment