Monday, September 22, 2014

Mom! Dad!‏

Guess what??? I can't believe it. My mind is going to explode. So.......... It's the start of a new transfer, and my companion Sister Kang Dahyeon is transferring to Jinju! My training area!And she will be serving with my old companion Sister Park Eun Gyeong! I thought that was super awesome. I'm so excited for her! 

AND....... Right now I am back in Hogye with Sister Harris, as a temporary companion until Thursday. Why, you might ask? Well, Sister Harris and I are both TRAINING!! That's right, my last 12 weeks of my mission will be spent starting someone else on their first 12 weeks. Wow. What a privilege. I am super excited but super nervous at the same time.... Especially because of the fact that of the 14 teams in our Ulsan zone, 11 of them are training this transfer. Yeah. It's insane. Our zone is going to be exploding pretty soon! And our district will have has 6 teams, all of which will be training. !! 80

So, I don't find out who my new companion will be until Thursday morning. I've no clue whether she will be Korean or American, and I'm super nervous to find out! I just hope that I can be the example that Christ expects of me, so that whoever comes to Gyeongju will start their legacy of faith in this mission. It's a big responsibility!

This past week was really awesome as far as missionary work in Gyeongju goes as well. At first, it seemed like everything was falling apart because pretty much all of our appointments cancelled and we were really super bummed. But then at the end of the week we were able to set up appointments with two new investigators, and also a different potential investigator came to church! So we should be able to start meeting with her too if everything goes well. :) I'm thinking a lot of miracles will happen this next transfer. Let's make this place soar! I'll need your prayers though. :]

Alrighty family, I love you all. I miss you all. I promise I'll work hard. Here we go!

Sister Segovia

Interesting Fact: At the Post Office where there's space for you to fill out your stuff, they have glasses you can use if you can't see. There are always three pairs, labeled for 50 year-olds, 60-year-olds, and 70-year-olds. I still don't understand how they can assume that all people of that age would have the same prescription, but whatever works.

This past Sunday I gave my very first actual talk in church! My topic I chose to talk on was about progression, and what we can do to continually progress. I have been thinking lately about the time I was in the MTC and training, when it was like I could see my progression just shooting almost straight up. It was like everyday I was learning something new and getting some awesome insight. But as missionary work continued, I felt like my progression was just slowing down. So I had the question of how we can continually progress unhindered? As I was studying, I realized that in order for us to continue to progress, and REALIZE we are still progressing, we have to do three main things: 1. Remember our objective, which is to come unto Christ (to become like Christ) 2. Follow the map God has given us (Christ's example, found in the scriptures) and 3. Believe in our potential, even during the slow times. I know that we all have a huge incomprehensible potential. And every good choice we make is getting us closer to that, even if we can't feel any difference at the time. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment