Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy 추석!‏

If you remember last year (wow, it's been that long) when I was in Jinju and experienced my first big Korean holiday called Chuseok? Well, it's rolled around again! And actually, it's today! So not really anything special because it's already our P-day. But we were invited to a members house and were able to stay there for 3 hours cooking, eating, and playing with the four kids that were there. It was great :)

And also, our investigator came with us and was able to meet the members and I think she had fun. Actually, for the reason of this investigator, I'm so glad that it's Chuseok! We actually hadn't been able to meet with her at all since I've been here. I just met her my very first night in Gyeongju and then suddenly we weren't able to contact her or make an appointment. But then we called her up again this past week and she wanted to do something for the holiday, since she wasn't going to be with her family and didn't have any other plans. So we made kimbab (rice and veggies wrapped in dried seaweed) together with her and a member yesterday, then invited her to the lunch with other members today, and she will be coming to family home evening tonight! Super awesome! And she said that she will continue to do english/gospel program. :)

Other things that happened this week..... We had Zone Conference with the other missionaries and my companion gave the talk and I did the teaching practice. That was fun, though stressful up until it was done. lol Also, we went to Busan yesterday for another Leadership Coordination Meeting with other zone leaders and sister training leaders. That was great too. Learned lots of stuff from other missionaries and out beloved mission president!

Oh yeah! And last week on P-day we were able to go with the Elders and their investigator to see a village that is still old-style Korea. That was really cool! We just took a nice walk around and were able to see how homes looked like back then, with the grass roofs and stuff. It was beautiful. :)

We had a lot more miracles happen this week.... The Elders had two investigators come to church on Sunday, and one of them brought his wife and little daughter with him! And the other one is so close to being baptized, he just wants a real concrete answer... so he fasted on Sunday, and even payed fast offerings for it. Wow. I was awed by his faith. He's so close! Really, he is just like a member, but he's torn because he's really active in his other church. So he wants to be really really sure. But I know that he will receive an answer. 

Also, one last miracle I want to share. We finally met with the Phillipino less active that we had been trying to meet for the past couple weeks. She wants us to do the English program with her kids, so we will be starting that next week. Which means three new investigators! And we really think that they could receive baptism. I think they just need their father's permission, which is why they haven't been baptized yet. I'm really excited to teach them!

Anyway, this week was way busy. I hadn't even realized just how much happened until I had to sum it all up in this email! Lol I hope that everyone is doing well and has a wonderful holiday! It's not a holiday in the US, but it's a holiday here, so you have an excuse to celebrate! :D

I love you!!!!!
Sister Segovia

Interesting Fact: The tradition for Chuseok is to honor deceased ancestors by cleaning up their grave and paying respects to them. Families all gather together and pay respects and then eat and play together for three days. 

"I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people." - Leviticus 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment