Monday, November 17, 2014

Any progression is‏

Well, today was a great day! We actually had a P-day with a bunch of missionaries who came to Gyeongju to check out the sites, from the zone right next to us. I had served with a couple of the Elders before, so it was great to spend a P-day with them just like old times! We went to the Budhist temple, which I'd already seen two times, but it was way more beautiful this time because of the colors in the trees. I love Fall!

This past week was a great one, especially concerning our investigator Sister Choi. She has been coming to church for a while, but she never comes to sacrament meeting, because she always is too busy. But yesterday she came in the middle of sacrament meeting, which we were happy about because it's definitely improvement! And she also is willing to study the Book of Mormon with us when we suggest it, and acknowledges that it's a good book and that she should continue to study it. Her progression is slow, but it's there. We are determined to continue to love her, and we think she will eventually realize just what this church means in her life.

Also, our other investigators are also progressing! Both the investigators that are our age are continually reading the Book of Mormon on their own, and one of them finally is done with the huge College test which frees her time up quite nicely :)

We did meet with the investigator that has 7 kids this past week :) Though she didn't come to church yesterday, she did say that she wants to continue to come to church, though she would rather just learn slowly and not rush into anything. That's a little frustrating because it's like, she already knows it's true in her heart, it's just her mind that's keeping her from accepting it solid.

Looking at everything, this week was pretty great! Everything is going quite nicely. :)

So for the interesting fact, I'll answer mom's question about the Sound of Music. They don't have a Korean dubbed version of it, they just have it in subtitles. In fact, the most common way for Koreans to watch foreign movies is by subtitles, not dubbing. Usually the only movies that have dubbing are movies for little kids, since they can't read subtitles. And listening to English songs is totally normal and cool.:D

Anyway, have a great week!
Love, Sister Segovia

I was thinking a lot about the comparison between the cup "half-empty" and "half-full" a lot this past week. Especially lately, I've been seeing a lot of things that I can have and do here in Korea that I won't be able to in the US, and I was thinking about how important our attitude is about the circumstances we are in. Too often I think we focus on what we don't have, and miss the chance to enjoy what we do have. At least for me I've seen that a lot. For a missionary, perhaps I thought too much about what I couldn't do, and now--FINALLY--I'm thinking about all the things I CAN do! It's humbling to realize how much more I could have gotten from this experience if i had seen the glass as half-full earlier, but I'm glad I've been able to change my view now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment