Monday, November 24, 2014

Back in the Past‏

So I'm actually writing from an ever-so-familiar place right now.... Nampo Shopping Center! If you don't remember, I transferred from my second area to this area (Deshin) almost exactly a year ago. And I decided to come back! Missionaries who are in their last transfer get to choose one P-day and go wherever they want. I didn't really have anyone that I could see or make an appointment (all the people I would want to see again work at this time or live wayyy far away :[) so I decided to come back here! It's such an awesome feeling to be back, especially because when I served in this area we came to Nampo pretty-much twice a week. So it's been a blast to show my companion around!
Anyway, this past week was great. We didn't get to meet with two of our investigators because they were super busy, which was a bummer. But our other two investigators came to church! The one mother brought 6 of her kids with her, and they all absolutely love us :D
Also, we had exchanges! I was so proud of my companion, because she was with a third-transfer American, so neither or them could speak the other's language very well, but they both did a wonderful job. ^^ And I was with Sister Bonney, one of my MTC roommates--our second exchange together-- which was a last as you can imagine. I love all of these Sisters I serve with! 
Something I've been working on this past week actually started last Monday when we had Family Home Evening. We did water-painting, and I was so excited about it that I continued every night and morning during the hour of personal time we have. It was so fun! I finally finished the painting yesterday lol Sorry I don't have any pictures of it yet. Anyway, it was really do something like that again. I forgot how much fun painting/art is! 
Anyway... I don't have much else to say. We just continue to work hard and get our investigators to realize this church is the truth! I hope you all can know that too <3
Love Sister Segovia
Interesting Fact:They have a TON of children's songs that almost everyone (if not everyone) knows. Anything from learning to say thank you, to a song about tomatoes becoming ketchup. Hahaha Anyway it's really interesting how many they have, and how well-known they are. Us Americans were trying to remember all the little-kid songs in America but only came up with a small list, and those we couldn't remember very well. lol
Spiritual Thought:
When I went on exchanges, I saw this quote: "God and Christ care more about our growth and progression than our comfort and convenience." 
When I saw this statement, it struck me how much sense it made. Really, isn't our progression a lot more important that convenience? There's really no question about it. We may ask why He lets us suffer and curse Him for it, but that is actually the very thing that will make us grow the most! Probably the times when we are comfortable are the times when we sit on a plateau of knowledge. Thank God for the struggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment