Tuesday, November 4, 2014

First of the last‏

Yeah, wow it's the first day of my last transfer. Weird thought. It still hasn't quite sunk it yet I don't think, because I'm not freaking out as much as I would have thought. Today we went to transfer meeting and heard the last testimonies of a LOT of missionaries going home. It was inspiring, and it's now my turn to start thinking about what I'm going to say for that last time. It's just six weeks away!

And this past week was such a great one to end out the transfer. We went to two halloween parties! One was in Hogye (yeah, I get to go back to my old area all the time! :D) and the other was here in Gyeongju. The one in Hogye was wayyy good, and a bunch of people that I would never had thought would come to a church party were there! It was so cool to see them :) I was so glad to see that progression in the area! And I like to think that their Halloween party had such good attendance because of how well we did on the Luau party last time :P

And our own party was really really great too! We had it for our English class and some members were able to come too. We did pumpkin carving, then had a talent show, then ate pumpkin pie along with other food that everyone else brought. It was so fun, especially because it was most peoples' first time carving a pumpkin. We just used little tiny cut green pumpkins (Interesting Fact: it's really really hard to find a big pumpkin like they have in America) and it worked really well! And we had a miracle happen! We still aren't sure how she came, but a woman who used to come to English class a LONG time ago randomly showed up at the end, and she came to church the next day too along with her friend! We aren't sure what will happen with her, but something big could be coming!

As for those we are teaching.... We had a HUGE miracle week. By miracle week, I mean that every single one of our lessons was WITH A MEMBER! That's like unheard of in all my time in Korea! We actually didn't have as many lessons as we usually do, but I was still super stoked because in my mind a lesson with a member counts as two lessons without. So yeah, it was awesome! One of those lessons was a meal invitation so we were able to go with our investigator to her home and eat delicious food. And then the next day we had a different invitation for a meal with a different investigator at a different member's home. And then the next day we had another meal invite for just us missionaries. It was a lot of eating. haha

Anyway, this week was fantastic! And I got all my needed classes signed up for so that's good! Mom you stay safe in OK and dad you stay safe at home! I love you both <3

Sister Christina Segovia

Like I said, today was transfer meeting, and in the meeting the Senior couple in our mission talked about gratitude. Something I liked from their talk was this: "Gratitude can be a window to perfection." When we are truly grateful, when we are able to see that all that's good in our lives is not from us, then we are on the road to perfection. Without gratitude, there's no way we can move forward. But when we do recognize the goodness of God, then He can help us so much more. I'm so grateful for everything he has let me experience here!

P.S. Here are some pictures from Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment