Monday, January 20, 2014

I love my new companion!!

This past week was amazing! So the pictures that I sent last week were of last transfer's companion and district, but everything has changed now! I have a new companion, and the district gained two new companionships, so now we have 12 people in the district and 4 sisters :) It's going to be so much fun!
 
The board we were holding is something we have 전도 (jundo=proselyte) boarding. That particular board is a survey asking what the most important thing is to them. Most people choose family, though health and money are also pretty common. It's just a good way to have fun and get our name out their, and we try to talk to them based on their choice. It's way fun! We actually just did it last night, and met this awesome guy named Michael from the US (though he is Korean by blood) who was so down to earth, and really accepting of us and ou common ground as Christians. He was a huge example to me of how to just accept people and their beliefs.
 
So about my companion, she is so amazing! Her name is Sister Choi Yein. Her name means "holy place." Beautiful right? We get along very well and already love each other so much. We have started this thing where we speak Korean every other day and English the other days, which is super fun. We even got our Elders in on it too :)
 
My companion is exactly what this area needs! We are really working to change things for the better. There were quite a lot of things that needed to be changed, and we are determined to make this area have one of the best reps in the mission!
 
So mom, how did your talk go? I'm sorry I forgot to give you some ideas, but really I had every confidence that you would teach exactly what the Spirit told you. And you're one of the best missionaries I know! :)
 
Which, it's mom's birthday this week! No one forget. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom!! I hope you enjoy it with family and friends, and I am praying that your injuries will heal quickly! Love you sooo much <3
 
Sister Segovia
 
Interesting Fact: When starting a hymn or song without a piano, one person will set the note by singing the first phrase, and then start everyone else. It's a great idea to get rid of the confusion that always happens when starting a song without a piano.
 
"That which I am commanded to do, I do." - JST Romans 7:15
This sounds a little familiar right? like maybe something Nephi said in 1 Nephi? Yeah I thought so too. Both Paul and Nephi knew what it meant to have faith in God, no doubt in their minds about the things God had commanded them to do. We too can go out and do, without any fear or doubt. it's all for a reason, even if we don't know what the reason is just yet. I will go and do!

No comments:

Post a Comment