Monday, January 13, 2014

New transfer, new start!

That's right, it's a new transfer! Transfers here are 6 weeks (different from Sister Johnson, who has 9-week transfers). So I have a new companion, another Korean who I actually served with for one day my very first transfer, when she was Sister Training Leader. So I already know how cool she is! I'm so excited for this next transfer, and the opportunity to serve with Sister 최예인, I can already tell it's going to be a blast! Deshin will be going toward the stars by the time we are through :D And this is my first time staying in an area with a new person coming in, so hopefully I can remember the important things!
Holy moly, I have heard so much about the CRAZY weather that has been happening over in the US and Canada. Did any of you over in the West experience anything? Is it true that it got so cold that Niagra Falls froze?!? Ah that sounds terrible! It's just like "The Day After Tomorrow" movie! I was so shocked when I heard. The crazy weather was here too, snowing in Busan for the first time in who knows how long. Not much, but it was enough to make me happy!
 
As far as our investigators go, this last week kind of stood still; they are not really progressing and really just interested in English. But I'm still happy to serve them by teaching them. This next transfer I hope to be able to concentrate more on and receive more revelation for our investigators, so we can help them gain interest in the gospel!

Right now, we are just trying to build everyone's faith, and help them see that faith has power. And they all have at least a little faith, so I want to show them the things they can do with even that small amount.
 
Interesting Fact: When eating a meal together, the main dish and side dishes are in the middle and everyone just eats from them. There's really no such things as "coodies" when it comes to eating. Sometimes there will be such things as chopstick wars, where people fight for the last piece of food. Super fun!
That's all from me for now! Love and miss you all :)
 
Sister Segovia
 
"God hath given thee all them that sail with thee." - Acts 27:24
Especially with transfers, I've been thinking about how the people in our lives are meant to be there. Either we are meant to teach them, they are meant to teach us, or we are meant to teach each other! But always, God has given us our family, friends and people on the street so we all can have the chance to become our best. He knows what can/will happen, and His plan is far more organized than ours. Personally I'd much rather follow His. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment