Monday, January 27, 2014

Surprise!! It's New Years again!

Yeah that's right, HAPPY NEW YEARS!! My interesting fact of the week shall come first in order to explain. So Koreans actually do celebrate two New Years holidays: lunar AND solar. This next week is the Solar New Years, which is an even bigger deal than the one Americans celebrate. It's the biggest holiday of the year for Koreans--even bigger than Chusok (Korean Thanksgiving)!  They have traditions to get together with the family and celebrate their ancestors. The old tradition is to clean and decorate their ancestors grave, and some people still do that. It's way cool. So that's what is happening this next week :)

As far as this past week.... It's been pretty crazy. Lots and lots of district proselyting with the before-mentioned sticker-boards! We actually figured out a really good system for getting contacts. Before, the sticker-boards were fun but really hard to get contacts. And we have this other thing we did to get contacts, English surveys, but it was too much pressure to randomly walk up to people and ask them to do it. So this past week we came up with the fantastic idea to combine the two! The first time we did it we got like 15 contacts in an hour, and the second time we did it was with our zone in Nampo (famous shopping place in Korea, and in my area:]) and in one hour we got SEVENTY contacts! Crazy right? that's 8 contacts per person. We were ecstatic with how it turned out. So now we just have to figure out how to include a gospel portion in the survey.

We really did have a lot of fun this past week, and I'm still getting along great with my companion <3 I'm learning how to actually communicate my feelings with someone, and it's helping with our relationship SO much as I'm sure you can imagine. 

To answer your question, when someone leads a song, it's just kind of whoever wants to do it. And when no one volunteers then everyone nudges the person known for having musical talent. Fun, huh?

Okay I've got to end here! Not much time left in our P-day. Love you all!

Sister Segovia

PS I got the Christmas cards from Chelsea and CJ Hansen, and from the Gibbons too! Thanks so much! You all look great :)

"Put on the armour of light." - Romans 13:12
Doesn't this just sound awesome? I like to think of how this would look in an epic movie, with the hero wearing brilliant and blinding armour that withstands any and all weapons aimed at him. And that's how our spirits really can be if we always keep Christ in our hearts and follow the Spirit, always giving thanks to Heavenly Father when strength is added to our armour. I know that! I wish I could draw a picture of what I see in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment