Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hello my family! And friends too :)

Hello my family! And friends too :)
 
This past week was pretty crazy. We weren't able to meet with many people due to Chinese New Year (during the holidays we aren't allowed to make appointments unless they invite us), but we were still plenty busy. As a mission, we all were supposed to deep DEEP clean our apartments, which takes forever even in the tiny little ones we have. We weren't able to finish! Saturday was when we had some appointments, so we pretty much spent alllll day eating. But I discovered that I actually do like grapefruit! I haven't had grapefruit in who knows how long, since I decided I didn't like them when I was very young. But one of our members gave us a ton and they were super yummy! So I'm coming even closer to liking every single fruit and vegetable on the planet. Thanks mom for raising me to love them!
 
This past week I was focusing on prayer and having/feeling the Spirit, and I actually did have some good experiences. One was with our investigator, 박숙희. She told us about how she used to think Christ was always with her, but lately she felt like he had left. So I told her about the poem "Footsteps," and the Spirit told ME that what i was saying was true. I don't know if she felt it, but I hope so. Also, in church sometimes I struggle to feel the spirit because I can't understand very well, but yesterday I decided to pray to be able to feel the Spirit, and immediately I felt so warm, like "It's okay, I'm still here." I am so thankful for God's reassurance to me.

Also, we were able to talk with another investigator that comes to church but hasn't been taking the lessons for a while. We are going to start meeting with her again to talk about the gospel! And we have plans for how to help all of our investigators be baptized, and I have hope that we will have a baptism soon!
 
I love you all! Mom, I laughed when I heard you got a laptop :) But really, laptops are awesome right? And now you can sit in your chair and still do your missionary work <3
 
Interesting fact of the week: Fruit is dessert here. Even in it's on the table when the meal starts, you don't start eating it until you are done with dinner. I love this of course :]
 
Sister Segovia
 
 "Abound in hope." - Romans 15:13
Hope is amazing. Someone in our ward yesterday told their insight: faith is like a seed, but hope is the water that helps the seed to grow. I've learned a lot about how hope and faith work together, and I really encourage you to study this as well. At first it may seems as if they are the same thing, but you will come to discover that they have very different roles. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment