Friday, February 28, 2014

It's a Lovely Day!

Hellllllooooo!! Let me tell you about this amazing week! We have seen so many miracles! Our area is finally starting to see what we've been working for for so long.
 
First, our investigator that we've been teaching for a while. When we met with her this past week, we had originally planned to just talk about the Atonement, but as we taught, the Spirit guided us to teach the entire Gospel of Jesus Christ: faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. When we taught about how baptism is a promise with God, she seemed kind of surprised. She then explained that she knew what baptism was. but not what it meant. We explained a little more, and gave her the soft baptisimal commitment. She accepted, saying she would be baptized if she was able to know our church is true. :) It's a huge miracle, because just last month I had thought we would have to drop her. I have come to care about her SO so much, and am so excited with every step she takes toward Christ.
 
Also, we were able to teach the 8-year old, and today we hope to have a baptisimal date for him. And with the Spirit's guidance, we also hope to have his mother be baptized with him. Ahhh it would be so perfect! And another miracle towards baptism is that a boy who has been coming to church for who knows how long finally committed to prepare for baptism! So hopefully he will have a date too! AND our other Elders have an absolutely golden investigator very likely will have a date too. It's like all of the sudden our areas are being overwhelmed with baptism potentials, and hopefully the next couple months will have a lot!
 
We had an adventure this past week, because our electronic lock on our door kept not working so we would be locked out. It usually would work again after 20 minutes, but one night we couldn't get in at all! We were sitting outside our door for an hour past when we were supposed to be in our home, and finally the APs call us and tell us how to get back in. But in the process. everything that could go wrong went wrong! Haha I laugh about it now, but I really was not in the mood at the time. My awesome companion was able to keep a positive attitude throughout it all though, and we finally entered our house again at 10:20pm, just in time to go to bed.
 
There are so many other things that happened this week, like interviews with the President and gospel discussion with his wife and our district for four hours (SO AWESOME), getting a cat out of our church. baking a cake with an investigator and recent convert, and so many other fun things. This week was fantastic! I don't want to leave this place. But this next week is transfer calls, so some of us will be leaving! We all are biting our nails to know who is staying and who is leaving. :O Whoever stays is giong to see lots of awesome miracles in this area!
 
Oh, and interesting fact: colors and designs are a lot less gender-oriented here. You will see a guy with a purple polka-dotted umbrella and it's normal. Or, for graduation there are a bunch of super frilly bouquets being sold on the road, that when I walked by I thought they were even too flashy to give to a girl. But then I came to discover that they were in fact being given to teenage boys! Imagine my surprise seeing these boys receiving a rose bouquet wrapped in bright bink lace fabric. Yeah, it's pretty crazy.
 
Okay. I'll end there! I love love you all and hope that everything is moving forward as you want it to! But don't forget that what God wants is most important :)
 
Sister Segovia
 
"By the grace of God I am what I am." - 1 Corinthians 15:10
There's no doubt about it, I would be nowhere without Heavenly Father helping me out. And without Jesus Christ's Atonement, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere either. As for the Spirit, he helps me recognize the fact that I want to be somewhere better than I am. How grateful I am for these Three Beings, whose soul purpose is to help me become the woman that I am meant to be! We are meant to have more joy than imaginable. I want that, and because of the grace and mercy of God, I can have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment