Friday, February 28, 2014

The Three Musketeers!

That's right, the Three Musketeers are back in action! But this time they've taken the shape of three sister missionaries! So, this past week was indeed transfer calls, and today is the beginning of a new transfer. So transfer call night, we didn't receive a call which I was actually really happy about because that means we are both staying. So we were expecting to be able to go on as normal in our area. but then the next morning we receive a call from another sister saying she is coming to our area too!! A threesome companionship! And I'm the only foreigner! Man is it going to be interesting/fun/a learning experience and every other adjective you can think of. I hope to come out of this transfer speaking Korean like a beast, especially because this next week I'll be HALFWAY through my mission! Woah woah woah! So much stuff going on right?

Also, we do indeed have a baptismal date for the boy I was talking about, and having two other beloved investigators that are progressing. This area is rolling forward with so many miracles! I'm so excited for the upcoming weeks. This past week was super successful, with quite a lot of appointments and always having something to do. Those kind of weeks are the best, when there's few times that you actually have to think about what you can do. So much happened that I don't know what I should tell! So we'll just have to suffice with saying that I'm just super happy about how things are going here.

One thing I want to mention is the absolute joy that we as missionaries feel when we see an investigator starting to grasp hold of the gospel. Even just the smallest step forward gets us so excited that they are heading on the right path, and it's devastating when they choose to leave it behind. But like I said, we have a few investigators that are showing some progression! 

So how in the world are all of you? Let me know! This next week is the start of the birthday month in our family, so make sure that in your cards and such you include a Happy Birthday from me! Happy Birthday to Steven, Carla, Christal, and Jeremy! <3

SO interesting fact about Korea: they eat spaghetti very regally, using a spoon along with a fork/chopsticks. Really, by using this skill in the future, I will be able to look graceful while eating spaghetti, which I used to think was impossible. But Koreans have mastered it!

K, LOVE!
Sister Segovia

"We can do nothing against truth." - 2 Corinthians 13:8
Actually, the things that I learned from this simple line are sooo much, and I'm still trying to figure it out, but I'm curious to know what you all think about this verse! The realization that I had was that truth has power, and truth originated from love. Because of God's love for us, there is the Truth, that will never change no matter what. And through declaring and living the truth. we receive power from God. There's more, but I'll stop there. Truth is a huge gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment