Monday, August 11, 2014

Just a jump across the river‏



Guess what????? I am indeed in a new area. But, it's actually RIGHT next to my last area, and I'm even in the same district! So it's almost like I'm not really transferring at all. In fact, our stake is having a conference in two weeks so I will be able to see all my beloved Hogye members again not long from now! It was a little weird to tell them, yeah I'm leaving! And they were like oh nooooo, where to?? Then after they heard I am going to Gyeongju, they were like, oh you aren't going anywhere! haha.

But honestly, I think this is absolutely what I needed. Because my old companion Sister Lee Subin is going home after this next transfer, if we had both stayed together again, that would have been a gaurantee that I stay there for two more transfers, and then I would have just one left so I would have been in hogye for 6 transfers, which I couldn't stand the thought of. I loved the area, but I get kind of restless if I'm in an area for too long. So I was torn because I wanted to leave just to have a new area, but I didn't want to leave because I love the members so much. So God gave me both! He gave me a new area, but I still get to see Hogye members pretty often! I'm super happy about it. :)
So, new things about this transfer, besides the area.... My companion is Sister Kang Da Hyeon, and she is now in her third transfer, just finished training. (Which means I am follow-up training.. 8|) We are Sister Training Leaders, which should be really fun because our zone is going to have three new trainees! And 6 people from my group from MTC are training this transfer! Including both Sister Bonney and Elder Jackson from our zone (the people I celebrated our year-mark with). Anyway, I'm really really excited for this next transfer. Everything about it seems like a fun new experience! Though I'm a little nervous because this is my first time being the Senior companion, ever. Wish me luck! And pray for me too. :)

As for this past week, my last week in the best area ever, it was crazy! There was a wedding reception for the daughter of a member, and us missionaries did a musical number for it. It was so fun! Also, saying bye to the members on Sunday was really one of the sweetest things ever, because it wasn't sad since I'll be seeing them again, but I still got to feel the love that comes with goodbyes. So seriously, this whole weekend was just full of all of the good parts of things and none of the bad. I can feel Heavenly Father giving all of these blessings, and it puts more responsibility on my shoulders to do my part! :]

Lots more to say, but no time to say it! Love you all :) And thank you so much to DIANA for her sweet email! I'm so excited that she is learning to swim! Wish I could be teaching her, but hey, it'll be even funner to come home and be able to have fun in the pool together :)

Okay, bye loved ones!
Sister Segovia

Interesting Fact: To start a wedding, a common tradition is to have the mothers walk up the aisle together, light candles at the front of the auditorium, and then bow to each other. I thought it was really cool when I saw it because its like a sign of respecting and uniting with the other family. So cool <3

"Ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me." - Exodus 19:5
We are a peculiar people. Not because we are weird and awkward, but because we are full of light and hope. The world is so full of darkness, so those who see our light wonder, why are you like that? It may be unfamiliar to them, but we should never stop shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment