Monday, August 4, 2014

Who's fluent after one year?

Yep so I don't think I mentioned it in my last email, but this past week was officially one year in Korea!! But with that announcement, don't anybody go thinking I should have the language down by now or anything. If you thought that I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to live up to your expectations. Haha but at the same time, I've been feeling pretty confident about my ability this past week! It may not be fluent, but I'm not looking for perfection just yet. :D

So actually, speaking of my year-in-Korea mark, I actually was able to go on exchanges with a sister from my group in the MTC on that day! So we celebrated our year-mark together. PLUS I went to her area, and one of their Elders is also from our group, so we all three were able to celebrate together! It was awesome! Better than anything i would have thought to ask for. There really is a special connection/bond between those who come to Korea at the same time from the MTC. I don't know if it's a Korean thing, but whoever is in your mission-age group is your best friend for life. :)

Other things that happened this week.... We were able to go eat dinner with a family who's son just returned from his mission in Seoul, and that was super fun! I absolutely love that family, and their son will be going to school in Utah so we'll probably see each other in America too. It's always the best to find out I'll be able to see Korean friends again after the mission.

Everything else is going pretty well also, and we are working hard. :) However, this next week is the last week of the transfer, and there's a very high chance that I will be leaving.... :( :( I'm just going to think I'm staying though, so whatever happens I don't receive any surprises, but yeah.... you'll find out in my next email what happens. ahhhhh I'm so nervous! I really absolutely, whole-heartedly love this branch that I am in. They really are all like my family now! I don't want to leave them... :(

Anyway, that's all for now! I love you so so much! The interesting fact of the week is this: Everyone has vacation time right about now, from school, work, etc. Even restaurants close for a couple days for vacation! It's a fun time for Koreans. :)

Love!
Sister Segovia

"I send an Angel before thee to keep thee in the way." - Exodus 23:20
I really like this scripture because it can be applied in so many different ways. If you think about it, there are SO many different angels in our lives that were put there so that we grow up in the way God wants us too. My parents are angels in my life because the have kept me going in the way I need to. Missionaries are angels to those who have to find the way, members are angels to help each other stay on the path, we all have a prophet who is the angel that speaks to us for God. Look around and you'll see just how many angels God has given you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment