Monday, August 18, 2014

Remember how Gyeongju was the capital of Korea back in the day?‏

Alright family, here I am, an new citizen of Gyeongju city. And guess what that means? I get to go to all of the tour sites for free! :D :D Yep, interesting fact is that citizens of the city can get in for free but everyone else has to pay to see cool things. Yayyy... We actually were planning on going to a bunch today, but its POURING outside so we might have to postpone.. :( But still, I'm excited for when the day comes.

So this past week was pretty interesting. It was actually pretty hard too. The whole time I just felt like I wasn't doing my role, and instead of becoming any type of responsible missionary, I just felt like I was right back in training. Not the greatest feeling in the world, but it certainly helps in the acquirement of humility. 

I forgot how much you have to change when you transfer to a new area. In each area, missionary work is done a little bit differently and you have to change the way you think to match what best works in that specific area. For example, in Hogye we spent a lot of time looking for former investigators and less actives, but Gyeongju doesn't have much to look for. And this area is HUGE. We have to take buses everywhere. In fact, it's almost the same as Jinju. And guess what? There's a member here that lived in Jinju when I was there. She is amazing, and we got to go out to eat with her this past week. :)

We also met with quite a few other members and ate together. The members are great here. There's about 45, 50 that attend church. But surprising part of it is that around 20 of them are little kids under that age of twelve! It calls for a crazy time in church that's for sure. 

And awesome miracle that happened this week with English class--15 people came! My companion said that when she first got here, there wasn't anyone. But they have been putting out these flyers everywhere that have been really effective. Our three investigators came from the flyers, as did a lot of the Elders' investigators too. In fact, they have some of the coolest investigators ever. One is a student, and he reads the BOM everyday, and at church yesterday we were learning about the Priesthood and he decided he wanted to study more about it this next week. He is so prepared!! Also, Another of their investigators is monk. That's right, grey clothes and a bald head monk. He is studying English with the Elders, but he said that he would come to church at least once :D Insane.

Lots more happened this week, but I'll have to stop here before I get too carried away. I think I'm getting the hang of the area a little more now and y companion and I are at a more comfortable level, so hopefully this next week will be a smooth and happy ride! 

Mom I'm glad that you were able to go to the temple with your sisters! That would be an amazing experience. :) And dad, thanks for helping out Nelly with finding parts for her car! What happened to it?

I love you all lots! 
Sister Segovia

"Whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it." - Exodus 35:5
This line really stuck out to me when I was reading. We that have willing hearts can bring them where God wants us. When I read this, I ask myself, where is my willing (or unwilling if that applies) heart bring me? If I truly do keep God's commandments with a willing heart, them I will be able to go wherever He would ask. I will bring everything I have and offer it up to the Lord. My time, my faith, my fears. Through a willing heart, I can give all those over to Him, our Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment