Friday, July 12, 2013

17 DAYS LEFT UNTIL I MUST SPEAK KOREAN TO SURVIVE!!!
 
This week has been one of the best weeks so far. I don't have much time to share everything, and I honestly can't even remember most of it (it's a good thing I keep a journal). But I will try to tell as much as I can.
 
First off, I have seriously seen just about everyone here at the MTC. I started trying to take pictures with everyone I knew, but didn't get all of them. I know Sydney Baldridge has a picture with the two of us and Dylan Johnson (yeah, I saw him!! I didn't even know he was at the MTC!) has a picture with all three of us. So be looking out for them, hopefully they will be shared on Facebook or something.
 
Also, another update on my running: I did indeed improve this wekk. I ran a 5k!! 31 laps in the little gym. I now can officially do 2/3 of the mini-triathlon that they do on the Air-Force base. All I need now is biking muscles! haha
 
So, really exciting--the other Sister companionship in our district, Sister Jackson and Sister Pope, had asked me to accompany them for "Come Thou Fount" and we tried out yesterday. In order to make it into any of the meetings (which always have fantastic musical numbers) you have to try out. And we made it!! So hopefully we will be receiving a letter in the mail soon saying when we will be performing. I love that song so much. It brings the Holy Ghost like nothing else!
 
Okay, the final piece of information I want to share with you is the miraculous lesson that we had yesterday. We have been teaching one of our investigators for a while, but have never really connected with him. We were really becoming frustrated because it was like he wasn't feeling anything! The lesson before, he had told us he didn't really think the Book of Mormon was true and had no desire to change. Yeah, kind of a huge disappointment to us. But we didn't give up and decided we would do the daunting lesson where we read a chapter in the Book of Mormon with him. This is very scary because it requires you to actually read, and talk about what you just read. In Korea. Anyway, we chose to read 3 Nephi 11, when Jesus Christ comes to the Americas after his resurrection. As we read, we would stop every three verses to explain the verser, connect it to his own life and needs, and ask him how he felt. The Spirit was so strong the entire time. That man, who we had just barely thought of as emotionless, had eyes watering for the last half of the lesson. It was amazing! I know that we didn't do that. It was all his Heavenly Father.
 
I know that Jesus Christ WAS resurrected, He DID come to the Americas because He and Heavenly Father love all people. The Book of Mormon is true. And anyone who comes to know that will never want to be the same as they were. The Book of Mormon is one of the most powerful books. If makes a man want to change. I have experienced it and I have seen it.
 
I love you all, talk to you soon!
 
Sister Christina Segovia

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! So impressed with the wonderful woman and sister missionary you are <3

    ReplyDelete