Friday, July 26, 2013

Fri 7/26/13 1:16 PM
THREE MORE DAYS!!
 
Thank you so much for your emails and dear elders and everything. I absolutely love hearing from you! Tell Kru and the Hansens that I love them lots! And Caom and Carla better write me soon! :D I have gotten a letter from the Alzerrecas and Diana drew me an awesome picture with the two of us in South Korea. Also, Aunt Keira has sent a few as well!
 
Okay, so an update on the calling information. It turns out that I will most likely be calling earlier in the day, like from 8-11am. So make sure you are up early! Get to bed on time the night before, so I'm not making you miss any sleep. And I hope Kru will be there when I call, but it might be earlier than he gets there. I can't wait to talk to you! I got a five dollar phone card today for it, and the rest of our P-day will be dedicated to packing. Also, I will be sending a package home with some stuff that I don't need, so that should come in the mail sometime in the next week. You are welcome to open it and see the treasures that I was able to obtain in the MTC! haha
 
This past week has been insane. Yesterday we had our In-field Orientation, which was very helpful since the MTC really is nothing like it will be when I actually get to Korea. For one, I will actually be moving around instead of sitting at a desk all day! I'm pretty excited about that. I am so ecstatic to head to Korea; I'm ready to get out of here! Of course I'm nowhere near good at Korean yet; I won't be able to understand a thing they are saying. But I can at least give lessons (very slowly, I might put a few Koreans to sleep cause apparently that happens haha) but I can do it!
 
The thing I am going to miss most at the MTC is 1. my teachers 2. the amount of study time we have.
1. My teachers are some of the greatest people on the planet. No exaggeration. They really are the best of the best, and our district has come to love them so much. I have never felt so much genuine love toward anyone outside of my family. I don't know what I will do without them! Brother Sung is one of the most caring men ever (he is the Korean), and Campbell has become the biggest role-model (he's the six and-a-half-foot giant). They are both going to be people I look to when I am struggling. I will just have to remember them and what they taught me and I'll be reinvigorated to go out and serve the Lord.
2. There is so much time here to just study. Like at least 5 hours every day on our own, and then classes too. So it's great! But there still doesn't seem to be enough time. When I get to Korea I will have to come up with creative ways to study the language. Maybe the fact that I can't live unless I know what they are saying? haha
 
The thing I learned this past week, among many, is the importance of having goals that will stretch me. I have always been the type that was okay with just being "good" and if I was really good at anything, it was those things I didn't have to try at. But now I have come to realize that I can do so many things if I just push myself a little further! I have so many abilities, and if I go and waste them because I'm not willing to perfect them, what kind of message is that sending to God? He may just get the idea that I don't really want them. So I'm "putting my shoulder to the wheel." I will work as hard as I can while on my mission. And I vow to never forget the things I learn in the next year-and-a-half. The thing about missions is, so many people say, "Don't waste this, it's the Lord's time." And yet they are always talking about working you hardest on the mission. But what about after? I think it's just as important to keep the things you've learned as a part of you. No matter how hard you worked on your mission, if you forget His lessons, you still wasted His time. I know it's pretty crazy for me to be talking about after my mission when I'm just barely started, but I think it's important for me to have this goal before I even start.
 
I love you all so much and send you my love every day. I hope you can feel it as it travels across the ocean from Korea!
 
Love, Sister Christina Segovia

No comments:

Post a Comment