Friday, July 19, 2013

Getting Closer!!!

Mom and Dad!! Guess what!! We got our travel plans today!! The people going to Busan pretty much got the best flight plans possible. We leave on the 29th at 7:30am to head for the airport. Which means no waking up at crazy times of the night (most Koreans have to leave at like two to four in the morning). We have two layovers, one in San Fransisco and one in JAPAN!! One of our district-members, Elder Luke, is half-Japanese (he can speak it pretty well) and can totally show us around and get us the best Japanese food there. And then we get to Busan two hours before bed-time which resolves the big concern about having to go a whole day speaking Korean when you have jet-lag. SO! It's all so exciting! We still are unsure how the calling home works, but we do get to call you sometime throughout the flight, probably in our lay-over at San Fransisco. So I would expect a call on the 29th around 12:20pm to 1:25pm. If you want to work anything out as far as what phone I call or anything, let me know!
 
This week has been awesome. I definitely loved the thunderstorms that we got (though I don't think that was this week, maybe closer to July 4th?) and wished we could just stand out in it and watch it all night. Sadly, MTC time is spent mostly indoors. But I was able to hear it and got a little rain on my face!
 
I am so glad you got to go to Utah and see everyone. Did you remember to pick up my phone from Aunt Kim? I gave it to her.
 
So, the investigator I was telling you about last week, he committed to be baptized! The Spirit was strong again in our lesson and when we asked if he believed the Book of Mormon to be true he said there was no way he couldn't after our last lesson. I am so happy for him and so excited to help him prepare!
 
We have had the popportunity to be taught by some of the other teachers this past week since our teacher is the zone coordinator. It was so amazing to see the different teaching styles, and though I loved all of the other teachers, my testimony was strengthened in how everything is exactly what we need. Our teachers are OUR teachers. They are who we needed to have. I know that, and I love them so much! They have helped me learn more than any other teacher besides you two. I love you both! 사랑합니다 (sa-rang-ham-ni-da - I love you)!
 
Sister Christina Segovia

No comments:

Post a Comment