Saturday, July 6, 2013

HAPPY 4th July (late)!

Wow! I just had a holiday in the MTC! Crazy. The fireworks in Provo were awesome! And we got to stay up late to see them, which was a MTC novelty. But that also resulted in exhaustion this morning but since today is P-day I already took a nap and am back up to par!
 
Correction to my last letter: I definitely meant to say that withOUT the member's help the missionaries are just walking blind. Sorry, typos are common when in a hurry. And yes, the lady that did the devotional was indeed Siser Janice Capp Perry! She is so awesome! The duet that I was talking about is indeed new, though I think the only new part is that the lyrics for the Sisters is changed. She wrote a new version meant for Sister missionaries. The old one is Called as Sisters in Zion; the new is called Sisters of Zion I think.
 
Wow, Dad is home! I can't believe it; I'm sure the house is a party for two now! haha I love you both, Mom and Dad :)
 
Alright, I have ten minutes, so I will tell everything as fast as I can. First big news: last week was our last time attending the temple until I get back from my mission. It was really disappointing, because they closed it for the month of July in order to clean it. I might be able to attend the Korean temple once on my mission, but no one knows for sure. However, though I have been able to feel the power of the temple and the blessings that come from attending, I have been thinking about it a lot and received comfor this past devotional. The temple is such a uplifting and spiritual place, but I realized that on my mission the temple was a place to regain my focus and have a little breathing time. Other than that, the MTC has all of the other spirituall uplifting things as well! Rather than the Spirit being infinitely stronger in the temple, I have the Holy Ghost with me all of the time! As long as I desire his company, he is there. That's the miracle of the MTC, and I know that anyone can experience that, not just missionaries! If you keep your sights on the Lord and his work, you will have his consant companionship.
 
The language is coming well, and we just found out yesterday that we "get" to memorize Korean scriptures before we leave. That will be difficult, but I know I can do it.
 
The lessons have been going so well! We taught both of our investigators about the Gospel of Christ, and one has committed to baptism! The other has been challenged to baptism, and told us he would decide next lesson. I have really grown to love these investigators, and know that they can become who the Lord would have them be. But it's nerve-wracking that we are the means of getting them there! Well, I shouldn't say that. The Spirit is definitely the means, we are just the messengers speaking broken Korean.
 
Sadly, my time is out, but I love you all and can't wait till next week to keep telling you more!
 
Love
 
Sister Christina Segovia

We love to hear from you too Christina!   love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment