Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Feliz Navidad.. I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas‏

Hello family! Here I am after my first week in another area with an awesome Korean companion!
 
So, there are a few matters of business to discuss--namely, my phone call! So I will be calling on my Christmas, which means your Christmas Eve! And I will have to figure out the exact time difference, but seeing as how I keep hearing that I send emails at 1 in the morning, I will probably be calling around 8 or 9 at night. So plan on that! I'm super duper excited! Also, could I possibly have your gingerbread recipe? I want to see if I can have some this Christmas, and share with my companion :)
 
The ward that I am in right now (actually, I'm over two areas, so two wards!) has some pretty amazing people. Most of them are old people who have been around for quite a while. One of the sisters was the FIRST Relief Society president in Korea! Super cool! So what I keep hearing about this area from everyone is that it needs a lot of love, so that's what I'm learning to do. --> <3
 
About the Deshin Grandma, we actually got to eat with her a couple days after I got here. However, it was pretty terrible! I had gotten sick with a small case of food poisoning or something, and hadn't been able to eat anything for a couple of days. And then I go there, and this grandma is really known for you HAVE to eat the food, or she is offended.. And I tried, but physically could not eat all of it, unless I was there for three hours haha. So I don't think her opinion of me is very high right now, but I'm sure that will change the more I meet with her :)
 
I'm just trying to get to know the area right now! Moving to a new place is always like going through a whirlwind, and it takes me a while to figure out what's going on. But I know that this transfer will have a lot of growth. My companion is really helping me, not letting me turn into myself when I'm on the street. I look at here sometimes like, you mean I actually have to TALK to these people? Hahaha Yeah I know, I should have learned this a long time ago, but luckily I will be learning pretty quickly now, if I let her teach me.
 
Can you believe it's almost Christmas?! I'm glad to hear everything is good at home! I wish I could have been there for Caom's birthday and for the Creche Exhibit! Those are two things I'm sad I missed. But I hope to be able to find a Korean creche here, though I don't know that they exist... Interesting fact of the week, Christmas isn't as big of a deal in Korea, though they still have decorations and play the music at least. But it's not Christmas like we know it, just kind of a foreign holiday that they include into their December. When I talk to the Korean missionaries about it, they don't understand the feelings behind the holiday.. Honestly, it makes me sad! Because everytime I see even just a small Christmas decoration, I get so HAPPY. I wish all people could feel that way, and know the smells and tastes and music and everything that goes along with the season.
 
I love all of you, and really hope that you all are able to feel the love of God this Christmas season! Don't let a day pass by where you don't show that love to someone else! <3
 
Love you all!
 
Sister Segovia
 
"I am no more in the world." -- John 17:11
This verse is said by Christ, by as we are all trying to be Christ-like, this can be something that we take to our heart as well. We, as representatives of our Savior, must be no more in the world. We stand above. We invite up. We lift those around us until they can see the view we see. I am no more in the world, but above, and will go beyond! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment