Tuesday, December 24, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!! It's in just two days you know :)

This past week was amazing!!! We had our Christmas Conference, which ALL Busan missionaries came to. It was super fun to see everyone, and we got to hear from our President and watch the prophet's talk from the Christmas devotional. We had a TON of food there--so much that even with 150 missionaries there was still a feast left over! Last of all, we got to watch "Narnia: The Lion the Witch, and the Wardrobe". Not going to lie, the movie was my favorite part, but not for the reason that I was expecting! Of course I love movies, but I walked out of that movie with an entirely different outlook. We were invited to look for the comparisons between Narnia and the gospel, but the crazy thing was that I didn't even really have to try very hard to see them. I was comparing it to the gospel the whole time! And afterward, I wrote down all my thoughts... sooo many pages of notes. It was amazing! I can see that having the gospel as the focus of our life really does bring more joy than anything else can. :)
The rest of the week was great as well. We met with our regular 30-30 investigator, and she had actually kept her commitment from the lesson before! And while we were teaching her the Plan of Salvation, she opened up a little more with us, showing us her concern that she hadn't ever felt joy before, which I think is why she turned away from God. When she was young she had all the expectations for a family and a joyful life, but as she got older and didn't have those opportunities or experiences she had expected, I think she felt a little let down by God. i really want to try and help her but am still unsure how, though I am trying to find what will touch her heart.
Our other investigator that we met was awesome. We taught her about prayer, and she told us all about her spectacular life, and it really seems as if she believes in God and loves Him, though she still doesn't know exactly what role He plays. But she said a prayer with us, and I think that she has an open heart. :)
 
This was a great week, and this next week looks to be just as wonderful! The next few days are packed with Christmas preparation and parties. :D
 
So interesting fact of the week, the longest day of the year was yesterday right? On this day, there's a tradition to eat red bean soup, so it's everywhere. Aparrently if you don't eat red bean soup on the longest day of the year, you get a ghost of some sort, which causes something bad to happen to you the next year. Something bad meaning, in effect, you will die. So of course not wanting to take any chances, I had a couple spoonfuls just in case :P Haha it actually was a miracle that we got any at all, because we couldn't buy it since it was Sunday, but the member that we visited gave us some! It's yummy :)
 
K, I love you all!! I'm keeping you in my heart and prayers! Merry Christmas!!
 
"Jesus Christ maketh thee whole." - Acts 9:34
This is the reason for the season. With all of the fantastic traditions that come with Christmas, we can't forget the whole reason we have the holiday! Christmas is indeed all about Christ and His birth. And through Him coming to the earth and performing the Atonement, we all can be made whole, both physically and spiritually. I know this, and I hope that you too can have a firm knowledge that He is your Savior. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment