Monday, December 16, 2013

Its Christmas!!! Well, almost.

Whoooo!!!! I'm counting down the days till Christmas when I get to call you! But actually currently I'm also counting down the days until our mission Christmas Conference, which is now in just two days! ALL of the missionaries are coming together to celebrate the holiday. As ar as a know we also get to watch a Christmas movie of our mission president's choice, which should be super fun for Americans to show a little bit of our Christmas culture to the Koreans. I'm just super duper excited to bursting! I'm sure it's radiating all the way over to you. :D
 
This past week was pretty great. I do feel a little more in the groove of things, though I also still feel a little unsettled and lost. I'm trying to figure out why, and change it quick!
 
We were able to meet with a new investigator this past week, and she will be fun to teach. We are doing the 30-30 program with her, where we teach English and the gospel. She is starting as as super beginner in both, so we will be going prety slow through everything. But I have hope that she will be able to understand and progress!
 
We were able to visit members, less actives, and other investigators or potential investigators as well. This week was pretty productive. And this next week will be even better if we continue to trust in God's guidance! I've learned how big of a role obedience plays in our growth as well. As we are obedient, our spirits have no limit. But if we aren't, then are putting walls around ourself. And who likes being closed in a tiny little space? Not me. :)
 
So interesting fact for this week: I actually talked about this with some Koreans in English class, and heard a little bit about if in the MTC. In Korea, knowing your bloodtype is a HUGE deal. Everyone does, even the little kiddies. Each bloodtype is associated with a certain personality, and they often will ask you what you bloodtype is just as a casual converstaional question. Sadly, I have no clue what mine is., which is super weird to them.
 
Anyway, kind of random, but fun! So how was Christmas devotional? I hope to be able to download it and watch it for Christmas :) I love hearing our prophet speak!
 
Sending love in a neatly wrapped package of joy!
-Sister Segovia
 
"Such as I have give I thee." - Acts 3:6
I think this is perfect for this time of year, as we send gifts to all of our loved ones. I love this, because this is a promise from Christ to us if we follow Him, and also must be our promise to others. Because Christ has given us all that we have, we have the priviledge to give all that we have to others. What greater gift can we give than happiness and love?

No comments:

Post a Comment