Monday, December 30, 2013

Wow...Thank-you for the joy...

Wow! Hello my wonderful family that I got to hear from this past week! That was amazing. :) Thank you so much for the joy that gave me this Christmas!
 
This past week was a busy week! So many Christmas parties and BERTing (Building Eternal Relationships ...Time? Not sure about the T. Anyway it just means getting to know people rather than just teaching lessons) and just making good relationships with the people we serve with!
 
We weren't able to meet with most of the people we wanted to, but we were able to meet with Sister 이인순, our investigator in Deshin, and taught her about the Plan of Salvation. She didn't understand it fully, but she didn't dispute it so that's good right? She kind of just accepted what we were saying. She didn't want to pray because she felt she didn't know how, but I actually think that's good because that means she has noticed that we pray differently than she does.
 
Also, we had a miracle happen! An investigator that we couldn't get a hold of at all since I got here finally answered her phone! Apparently she had been grounded from the phone, so that's why she wasn't answering. And not only did she answer her phone, but she came to the Saturday youth activity with us! I was able to get to know her a little, and am so excited that she is back in contact with the missionaries!
 
So I'm pretty sure I gained like 5 pounds this past week from all the food we ate. SO MUCH. I love Christmas! haha. Though it actually feels like Christmas was forever ago, rather than just four days. And this week is yet another holiday! So may I just say HAPPY NEW YEARS!
 
I have a few interesting facts having to do with this holiday. First, this is pretty much everyone's birthday, because rather than get a year older on their actualy birthdate, they do it on the New Year. So I will be getting one year older this next Wednesday! In Korean age, I will be a grand 22 years old! Yep, that's right, two years older than my American age. Haha crazy right? Second interesting fact is that Korean babies are already a year old when they are born. And finally, third interesting fact about New Years: it's a tradition to watch the first sunrise of the year, so we are going to do it with our ward members! I'm super excited :)
 
Anyway, lots going on! I'm sure it's the same for all of you! Love you all!
 
Sister Segovia
 
"He be not far from every one of us." - Acts 17:27
Really, he's only a thought away. All we have to do in orer to talk to him is call His name, and He will be listening, always waiting for us to make that call. As I have learned to talk with my Father in heaven, I have come to know just how true that is. My Heavenly Father loves me, and wants me to become the best that I can! Now read the last sentence again with the "I" being YOU. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment